19. A Little Taste

Just a Reminder to check my other works that are available on my profile! They're just as good as this one, if not even better!

Also, follow me because I have like no followers and it makes me feel stupid.

Love you!

-------

Him...

"Jake, can't you just figure it out?" I pleaded into the phone.

"No. It's your work, not mine. Come on, just get here already." Jake urged before hanging up.

I don't want to go to work and leave her here by her own. What if something happens to her when I'm not around or what if she needs something?

I walked back to the bedroom and sat on the bed next to her sleeping figure. She was so peacefully asleep that I couldn't help but admire how beautiful she was. The way her hair was spreading on the pillow so gracefully and the way her full lips seemed to attract me like magnets. "Emma." I shook her gently.

She moaned softly and just like that I started to harden. I cleared my throat before trying again. "Wake up."

"What?" She hissed.

"Come on. Wake up." I pushed a strand of her caramel hair behind her ear.

"No." She frowned, eyes still closed.

"Honey, we need to go to the company. I have work, and I'm not leaving you here alone. So come with me and sleep in my office if you want to." I tried to take the covers off, but she held them in her hands tightly.

"No! Stop pulling the covers." She shouted with a yawn.

"You need to get up." I repeated.

"I don't need to do anything. I want to sleep. Go away." She pouted rather deliciously and I wished I could join her in bed and forget all about work.

"You can sleep in the office. Come on." I held her shoulders and gently pulled her up, but she only pushed my hands away.

"Don't touch me." She hissed and opened her eyes slowly. She yawned once more then glared at me.

"Why did you wake me up?" She clenched her teeth, and I fought a smile, thinking of the million times I had done the same since we met.

"I told you. I need to go to work." I tried to tug another strand of her hair that fell on her face behind her ear but she hit my hand away in anger. I chuckled at her and stood up.

"Then go to work. What does that have to do with me? Why did you wake me up?" She whined.

"Again? I told you, I can't leave you here alone, so you're coming with me."

"But I'm tired. Can't I start working from tomorrow?" She asked.

"No, you'll start working from next Monday." I opened my walk-in closet and went inside to grab a suit.

"Then why the hell am I going to the company with you? You're annoying me." She clenched her teeth again as she rubbed her eyes.

"Do I have to repeat everything I say when I wake you up? I told you, Em, you're going to sleep in my office instead of here."

"First of all, I'm not going to sleep in your office. What do you think people will say? Second, don't ever wake me up again!" She shouted and pulled the covers over her head.

"I don't want to leave you here alone. Coming with me is the only way I will be able to work. Otherwise, my mind will be here with her all the time." I reasoned and even though she stayed silent under the covers I knew she had agreed. "You're not a morning person." I stated with a chuckle when she huffed in annoyance.