30. Come and Get Me

I absolutely love this cover! By the amazing mahgadahling

Thank you so much, dear!

--------

Her...

"Now, who are you hiding from?" He shut the door behind him as I instantly got off the couch.

"No one. Excuse me." I said and started walking past him before he grabbed both my arms in his hands and turned me around to face him.

"You're not going anywhere." He whispered wickedly in my ear, making my whole body shiver at his proximity. I struggled to let myself out of his grip.

"Let go of me, John." I warned.

"Ooh, feisty! I like." He pulled me even closer and I instantly started pushing against him.

"I said let go." I pushed him again, but he didn't budge, then suddenly the door slammed open.

"What are you doing?" His brother walked in with a frown.

"Did you know she was Parker's girlfriend? She's hot, isn't she, Drake?" John pulled at my arms, slamming me into him and I couldn't help but yelp of the sudden move.

"Let go of her, John." Drake stepped closer to his brother and glared.

"Oh, so you want her too? Get in line, brother, I got hands on her first." He said before he lowered his hand across my back, and before I could do anything I was pulled away from him and and shoved behind Drake as he glared at his brother.

"She's already taken, John. Go find yourself someone else." Drake said through clenched teeth.

"No one is as hot as her in this stupid gala. Besides, being taken is actually a motivation. You know I love the competition." He took a step forward and Drake took a step back pushing me further behind him.

Why is he helping me? I thought Dean said they were both assholes.

"Not her, John. Don't do this with the Parkers." Drake shook his head in warning.

"Why not? I have done it before. You too have done it before. Why not again?" He frowned and shrugged, and I noticed how completely drunk he was.

"She's not just his assistant; she's his girlfriend. You don't want to do this with his girlfriend." Drake reasoned.

Damn right, he doesn't!

Drake snapped his head and glared at me, clenching his jaw.

"See? Feisty. Just my type." He took another step forward and I took one back, regretting my poor self control.

"John." Drake warned.

"God, fine! You can have her first. Just tell me when you're done because I can't wait to have her." He winked at me then slowly walked out the door. I let out a breath I was holding when Drake turned and glared at me.

"You can't talk when two men are fighting. You're not supposed to get involved." He frowned, and I noticed his light green eyes.

"I didn't mean to. It just came out, unintentionally." I shrugged.

"Where's your boyfriend?" He spat the word out.

"With the paparazzi." I replied.

"And why the hell are you not with him?" He shook his head.

"It's none of your business." I didn't like the tone of disgust in his voice.

"Well, I just saved your pretty little ass." He stated, raising his eyebrows.