Chapter 19- part 1

When Brett opens the door I relax a little bit, but as I walk completely into the dorm and notice Niall isn't here I start to get disappointed. Where did he go? Is he out celebrating with Crystal?

"Hey guys! Thanks for coming to the game." Brett hugs our parents and then he hugs me. "Let me grab my shoes and then we can go."

"No need to rush honey," My mom says sweetly. "Does Niall want to come with us? He is more than welcome to come."

Brett glances over at me and smirks. What does he know? Has Niall told him everything that's happened?

"Let me go ask." Brett walks away and I watch as he knocks on Niall's door.

So Niall is home. I don't know why that makes me so excited. At least he isn't with Crystal or any other girl. I keep watching as Niall and Brett walk out into the living room. Niall is in the clothes that he was in before the game. I suddenly get self conscious and start pulling on my dress. I wonder if Niall will like my outfit. How have I become this girl in less than a week?

"Thank you for the invitation, but I have a paper I have to write and some other homework to do." Niall tells my parents. He hasn't looked at me once. "Plus, I don't want to interrupt family time."

"Your family isn't even in this country so it's about time you start thinking of us as your family. You are our son's roommate and our daughter tutors you. Trust me, we hear a lot about you so you might as well be apart of the family." Dad says and it reminds me why I don't tell my parents anything.

"Come on Niall. It will be fun, right Jess?" I'm going to kill Brett for turning everyone's attention to me.

"Umm, right. Lots and lots of fun." I clear my throat and look down. I look around the room trying to act bored, but in reality I'm just trying to avoid eye contact with Niall.

"Only on one condition," Niall starts to say. I whip my head up and look at him. He has a evil grin plastered on his face. "I will only come if we go to that vegan restaurant."

I glare at Niall as he mentions that terrible place. My parents chuckle at him and Brett shakes his head. They all knows how much I hated it.

"I just remembered, I have a tutor session tonight. I better go so I'm not late." I try to walk to the door, but my dad puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Relax Jess. Niall was just kidding. How about we go to that fancy looking Italian restaurant?" My dad smiles at me.

"Sounds good," Niall says while smirking.

As we leave the dorm I try to leave with minimal contact with Niall, but he has other ideas. When my family has exited the room Niall grabs my hand to stop me from walking. He spins me around and smirks.

"So you talk about me to your family, huh?" He is being ridiculously cocky.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes and leave the dorm. Niall catches up to me and walks next to me. "I didn't tell them to invite you tonight."

"Of course you didn't," Niall sarcastically replies.

This dinner is going to be full of teasing and confusing comments. I can already tell. The walk out to the car is torture. I try to focus on the ground as we walk. Mom and dad are focused talking to Brett. When we almost reach the car I feel someone softly kick my ass. I jump and turn to look at Niall. He starts laughing hysterically. I try to glare, but his laugh makes me smile. My parents and Brett turn and look at us. My parents smile at Niall and then turn their attention back to Brett. I go back to looking at the ground, but again Niall interrupts me.

"I accidentally left a black mark on your dress right on your arse," Niall whispers.

"How do you know that, Niall? Are you looking at my ass?" I talk a little loud, but my parents don't seem to notice.