Chapter 44

Jess' P.O.V

As I sit here watching my cousin try on her wedding dress one last time I sigh in relief. This week has been hell. Getting prepared for a wedding takes a lot of work. Especially when you are the maid of honor and the mother of the bride is a pain in the ass. The Saturday after my soccer date with Niall I was nagged to come home and help with last minute wedding things. It has been a week of pure hell. I am so glad the wedding is tomorrow. After tomorrow, life will be a little less chaotic. Classes finish on Wednesday and finals are on Thursday and Friday. Just as I feel myself start to relax at the idea of a break the quietness in the room is disturbed.

"Is everything ready for tomorrow?" I hear Aunt Karen ask.

"Yes mom." Sarah answers annoyed.

I am missing my valuable and precious time with Niall to sit here and listen to these two bicker about every little thing. Everything is done and ready for tomorrow, but my Aunt Karen doesn't listen. I know she is doing this out of nerves, but it is driving me crazy. The wedding starts at four p.m. The bridal party is meeting at one p.m to get ready. Except for me that is. The guys' game starts at nine a.m and I am guessing that it will go until noon. I will quickly congratulate the guys if they win and then I will book it over to the wedding. Hopefully I will get there by three forty-five. My hair and make up will be done before the game. Rae and Lacey are doing it for me. Then I will get dressed at the venue. Good thing Sarah doesn't care, because my Aunt Karen freaked out.

Freaking out like she is right now. I look over at Sarah and she looks like she is about to explode. I take this as my cue to calm everyone down. I think this is why Sarah made me the maid of honor.

"Okay, you two. Everything is done and ready for tomorrow. We are in the home stretch. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner and tomorrow is the big, exciting, fun day. Just enjoy it." I put a big smile on my face. "You look beautiful Sarah."

I get a smile from both of the women in the room. They clearly needed to hear that. It's just a wedding. I think everyone needs to calm the fuck down. Sarah and Jason have been together forever. Nothing crazy is going to happen.

"I'm starving. I am going to change and then let's go grab lunch." Sarah says as she steps down off the pedestal and into her dressing room.

"You have really surprised me, Jessica." I cringe as my aunt calls me by my full name. "I thought you would have made a joke of the whole thing. I guess it's true when they say everyone grows up eventually."

"Don't get ahead of yourself. I'm still cynical about marriage, but I want Sarah to be happy. Just like you want her to be." I look over at the changing room. "I know her and Jason will be happy together."

"They better be. If he breaks her heart I dont know I will send first. You or Todd." Aunt Karen laughs and I join her.

"He would have to go under protective services and change his identity." I laugh at the idea.

A couple minutes later Sarah walks out of the dressing room with a big smile on her face. I think it's weird that she is just barely picking her dress up today. I also think it's weird that I have came home almost every day this week. This wedding is so weird.

"I'm ready." Sarah squeals as she holds her dress in her hands. "Are you sure you don't want to come, mom?"

"I'm sure. You two have fun, but not too much fun." Aunt Karen points a finger at me.

"I will try my best not to cross the line," I say sarcastically.

Aunt Karen rolls her eyes, but doesn't say anything. She grabs the dress from Sarah and walks away. Sarah and I leave the the bridal shop as Aunt Karen takes care of the dress. I'm glad we drove two cars. Sarah and I listen to music as I drive us to a small cafe that has "amazing salads". I don't think there is such a thing, but Sarah doesn't want to eat much or get bloated so I am making the sacrifice for her.