Chapter 42

Jess P.O.V

"How was your Thanksgiving break?" Jay asks as the class discusses something. I honestly haven't paid any attention to the class today. "Didn't Niall go home with you?"

"Uh, it was good. How was your break?" I look at him with a forced smile.

"Uh, it was good?" Jay mocks me. "Why does it sound like it was the opposite of good?"

"No, it was good." I try to convince him.

"Why don't you sound happy?" Jay interrogates me some more.

"Because I'm me and I never sound happy." I take a deep breath from being annoyed. "I don't understand why everyone keeps asking me about Thanksgiving break. Niall has already met my parents. It wasn't a big deal."

"Wow, okay then." Jay turns away from me and focuses on his computer.

When we got home Sunday night, which was two days ago I was bombarded with questions. I know Rae, Harry, and Lacey mean well, but I have questions of my own to answer. I can't send all this time trying to answer their questions. It doesn't help that its that time of the month for me so my emotions are everywhere. I have been on birth control since I was sixteen and this is the first time in four years that I have gotten a period. My body has gone berserk.

My phone vibrates, saving me from my stressed out thoughts. I unlock my phone to find a text from Niall.

*What did Mr. Jay say to you?*

My phone vibrates again.

*Need me to talk to him?*

I look over at Niall and he is already staring at me. I roll my eyes at him, but also smile.

*I am fine, Niall. He did nothing wrong. I'm just having a bad day.*

Niall sends me a smiley face, but goes back to focusing on his group discussion. I spend the rest of class reading Pride and Prejudice. I want to finish this book as soon as possible. I am tired of it.

When Mr. Jay finishes class he looks over at me and says, "see ya Thursday. Have a good day."

He runs off and I feel slightly bad for snapping at him. He doesn't know what's going on and was just trying to be friendly. I will apologize to him on Thursday. I stand up and put everything into my backpack.

"Ready to go?" The all too familiar Irish accent breaks my silence.

"Just about." I don't look up as I zip up my backpack and slide it up my arms to rest on my shoulders. "Okay, let's go."

I finally look over at Niall and he has a big smile on his face. I don't understand why he is so happy all the time.

"Having another bad day, I see?" Niall cautiously asks.

"Its only been one day, Niall."

"You have been having a bad day since we got back to campus on Sunday. That's been two days." Niall explains nicely.

"Wow, you can count," I snap. It takes me longer then it should to realize what I just said to Niall. I stop walking and slowly look over at Niall. Just as expected, he looks hurt and surprised. "Niall, I am so sorry. I don't know what's going on with me. Please ignore the last couple of minutes you have been near me."

"Done. Now, how can we can get you in a better mood?" Niall's smile reappears and you could never guess that he was frowning a second ago. "How about a date?"

"Tonight?" Guilt washes over me as Niall focuses on making me feel better.

"Yeah!" Niall excitedly answers me.