Chapter 62

I don't know what's worse. Waking up and seeing that it is only five a.m or realizing that you woke up because of a banging noise. A banging noise followed by someone yelling and then slowly recognizing the voice of a very injured person. I possibly can't decide which one is worse, but here I am jumping out of bed to go see what happened.

I open my bedroom door to find Louis, his stepdad, and his siblings all standing in the hallway. I notice Niall's bedroom door open, but he is no where to be found. I take a deep breath. Niall went downstairs and must have fell.

"You all go back to sleep. I got this." I wave them off as I turn away.

I slowly walk downstairs. I first enter the living room, but quickly see that it is empty. I continue my search by walking to the kitchen. At first glance I don't see Niall, but as I walk around the kitchen island I find who I'm looking for. Niall is sitting up looking down at his knee. His crutches are across the room. I walk closer to Niall and sit next to him.

"I don't want to hear it." Niall grumpily announces.

"You don't want to hear what?" I quietly ask.

"I don't need you telling me how I should of asked for help and how this was bound to happen. I got down the stupid stairs just fine." Niall refuses to make eye contact with me.

"So what happened exactly?" I'm not quite sure what else to say.

"I was reaching for a cup on the top shelf. I slipped and couldn't catch my balance. I fell and got so mad that I threw my crutches." Niall still looks everywhere except for at me.

"Are you okay? Do we need to go see the doctor?" I start to worry that his knee is hurt even more.

"No, it's fine. I made sure not to land on it." Niall looks down at his knee with worry.

I become frustrated with Niall for not looking at me. I place my hand on Niall's thigh, but he doesn't respond to it. I understand that he is frustrated with his knee, but I don't know why he is acting this way towards me.

"Your knee is going to heal, Niall. In a year you will be back playing soccer." I squeeze his thigh to try to get a reaction. "Let me help you up."

"I don't need your help. You will be gone soon and so will Louis. I need to figure out how to take care of myself." Niall doesn't move as he talks.

"Of course you want my help." I ignore his comment about me leaving. "You love me helping you. I'm a pretty good nurse."

"I don't know, you nag me quite a bit." A small smile spreads across Niall's face.

"I do not nag!" I am shocked at this accusation.

"Quit walking, quit playing video games. Niall, you need to nap, you need to drink more water." Niall says trying to imitate my voice.

I start laughing at his failed attempt to sound like me. Niall starts laughing, which makes me laugh harder. I laugh so hard that I lean forward and end up grabbing Niall's forearm. When we finally calm down I look up at Niall to see him staring at me.

"That's not nagging. That is me taking care of you." I say seriously. "I don't want you to get hurt more than you already are."

"That's very sweet, but I can tell that you are tired of it, of me." Niall looks disappointed. "At least you are done once you leave this house today."

"I'm not tired of you." I smile at him. "You are making things complicated, but I'm use to that."

"How am I making things complicated? I'm just sitting here trying to heal." Niall looks at me shocked.