Chapter 69

Definitely how Niall looks in this chapter and the last chapter!

***
"I knew you loved me!" Niall throws his arms in the air.

I rush over to Niall's side where there are no IVs or monitors. I grab his hand and give it a squeeze. His once sleepy calm state has been replaced by extreme excitement.

"Look at my smoking hot girlfriend!" Niall exclaims. I jump at his sudden outburst, while Harry and Rae chuckle. Louis pulls out his phone and points it at Niall. I'm sure he is recording him. "I think we should have a double wedding."

"We just gave him some pretty powerful pain medication. It should wear off in three hours." The nurse smiles at us.

"Hey," Niall whispers to the nurse. He waves her over to him. She walks closer to him, a little hesitant. "Closer." Niall says as she bends down to be closer. "You should officiate the wedding!"

The nurse leans back as Niall basically yells in her face. Louis bursts out laughing as he holds his phone. I watch as Rae tries to hide her laugh and Harry simply smirks.

"How about we don't yell in your nurse's face, okay?" I calmly tell Niall.

"Are you mad? Don't be mad." Niall starts to whine. "I just want to give you the best wedding. She is a good nurse. I bet she would be a good priest too."

"I don't doubt that." I try to fight back a smile. "I just don't think a joint wedding that is a shotgun wedding would be the best wedding."

"It could be a double shotgun wedding!" As soon as Niall says this I loose it and start laughing. "Wait, can I have sex?"

Between laughs Louis says, "this is too good."

"That is up to your doctor." The nurse looks away, trying to hide her smile. "I am going to go get you some crackers and water."

The nurse turns and walks away. She is obviously trying to stay professional and not laugh. Good for her. I almost made it, but Niall is just too funny.

"Do I need to remind you that my pregnancy is on a need to know basis?" Rae asks Niall.

"Eh, probably, but then again, I might not remember this conversation in a few hours." Niall innocently shrugs his shoulders. "I'm going to milk it for all it's worth."

"You might not remember, but we will and we have prove." I inform Niall as I point to Louis. 

"I'm not too worried about your teasing, maybe Harry and Louis' teasing, but not yours." Niall smirks at me. Niall then yawns and leans back.

"You can sleep if you want. I'm sure you are exhausted from the lack of sleep and all the drugs." I give Niall's hand a squeeze.

"I think I will take you up on that. My eyes just got really heavy." Niall slowly talks as he closes his eyes.

"We will get going and meet you at Niall's place." Rae whispers. "What do you guys want for dinner?"

"Cheeseburgers and chips." Niall says. "Also anything chocolate. I'm starving and the crackers and jello they keep giving me isn't doing anything."

"We will get lots of food." Harry chuckles at Niall. "Text us when you are about to be discharged and we will get the food. Nobody wants to eat cold chips."

"Sounds good, thanks you guys." I wave as Harry, Rae, and Louis leave the room.

They all leave and I sit here in silence. Niall laying in his hospital bed already asleep. For the first time since Niall's soccer game I feel like I can breathe. I feel like I can take a step back and really evaluate things. I can evaluate my relationship with Niall. Part of me clung to him, because I was so worried about the outcome of his surgery. As I sit here watching him sleep it hits me. All those nights I cried over him, begging God to bring him back into my life. I eventually gave up. I figured Niall deserved better, so I went on with my life. A life where I hardly drink, never do drugs, no random hook ups, and I go to church. It's a very different life then what I use to live, but it's the life I need.