Chapter 55

^I love this song so much and it fits Jess' feelings for Niall so well.

***

It has been three days since my lunch with Louis, his mom, and Niall. I have seen Louis and Rae every day since then, but luckily no Niall. Louis told Rae about how rude I was to Niall and Rae was proud of me. She then criticized Louis for even thinking about bringing Niall and I together. Louis hasn't tried to bring us together since then, so that's good. Then again, Louis has been distracted with his mom. Johannah's health declined immensely Thursday tonight. She hasn't gotten out of bed, hasn't ate or drank anything. The doctor says this is typical of a patient who is about to pass away. It's hard to watch Louis go through all of this. I wish I could make all of this go away.

"Jess, are you listening?" My publicist, Dan, says annoyed.

I'm thankful that he pulled me from my depressing thoughts. We have been on the phone for an hour and I have been so bored. He has just been reading off all these numbers to me. All these numbers are about my book and the book tour.

"Yes, I'm still listening." I roll my eyes at the stupid question.

"Okay. McKenna told me that you have been a little distracted, so please try to focus on why you are in London." I know Dan doesn't know what's going on, but this makes me mad.

"My best friend's mom is dying. Of course I am a little distracted." I let out an annoyed huff.

"I'm so sorry. I thought you were distracted over your ex-boyfriend. Do I need to look into rescheduling some book readings?" Dan asks and I'm surprised at his kindness.

"Um, yeah actually. Can you just push everything back by a week? I can finish the last two book readings in London and then if I could have a week here with nothing that would be great." I should probably wait and see what happens. "Is this going to cause a ton of work or make people mad?"

"We plan for things like this. That's why you have a week off between England and France. We will change your other England dates, but everything else will be fine." Dan starts to sound distracted. "I better go so I can get all of this done. I will shoot you a text once everything is taken care of."

"Thanks, bye." I hang up before Dan can say anything else. A loud knock breaks the silence and I get off my bed and walk over to the door. Without looking through the peephole I open the door. Rae's smiling face greets me. "Why are you so perky?"

"Because I go to New York in three days! I am so excited I can barely stand it." Rae claps her hands together. "Let's go get manicures and pedicures!"

"That sounds amazing. Let me grab my things." I turn around and walk into my room to grab my purse and cell phone. "Let's go!"

We walk downstairs and I offer Anthony to drive us. Rae happily takes me up on my offer. I feel bad that Anthony just sits in the car waiting until I need to go somewhere, but I guess that's what he gets paid for. After Rae gives him the address of the nail salon we sit back and talk.

"How was the reading today?" Rae asks with her typical huge smile.

"It was good. I love seeing how all of these different people respond to my book." It has blown me away. "I have married people who have read it and say it helped their marriage."

"That's amazing. I am so glad that this book is so successful. Have you thought about what you will write next?" Rae looks at me curiously.

"Honestly?" I ask Rae and she nods her head yes. "No. I just don't know what I would write about. Do I write fiction like I have always dreamed or do I write another self help book?"