Chapter 6

When I open my eyes the events from yesterday flash through my mind. All I can think about is how I over-reacted to Harry and Louis' comments. They are two of my best friends. They would never try to hurt me. I was just upset about Zayn that I took it out on everyone else. I need to apologize. I grab my phone to text them both, but the time on my phone stops me. It's only five-thirty in the morning. I got nine hours of sleep last night. No wonder I feel so amazing right now. I have a slight hangover, but my body has gotten use to them. My body welcomes the ache.

Neither Harry or Louis will be awake until eight or eight-thirty. I have three hours to kill. Maybe I should go on a walk and then get coffee and doughnuts for Harry and Louis. They will love that.

I quietly get out of bed and walk over to my dresser. I pull out a pair of leggings, a t-shirt, and some socks. Just as quietly I change my clothes. I grab my headphones and a hair tie and go downstairs and outside.

As I walk outside I'm surprised at how quiet everything is. I have never seen Greek Row like this before. I turn my music on and start walking. I head towards campus. It's kind of fun to see it this way. I feel like I'm the only one here. I'm like the queen of the world. I should wake up this early more often, just so I can experience this. I am really the only person awake right now.

Well me and that guy who is running. I watch as a Male runner across the street gets closer to me. As he gets closer I realize its Niall. Of course it is him. He would wake up this stupid early to go on a jog. Should I turn around and walk the other way? This way when we pass each other he won't be able to get a good look at my face.

Shit, we just made eye contact. I hate him and he hates me. Maybe I should just act like I didn't see him. Such a stupid thing to do, but I don't have any other ideas. Let the horrible acting begin. We get closer and closer to each other. I watch him through my peripheral vision. I glance down at my phone as soon as we are passing, but I look up too soon and Niall and I make eye contact again.

I watch as he crosses the road to come closer to me. I laugh at how he checks both ways before crossing the street. It's not quite six in the morning yet, but he is still extremely cautious. When we come face to face he pulls out his headphones so I copy his actions.

"I'm glad to see you are safe. Everyone was freaking out last night, because they couldn't find you." Does Niall sound relieved?

"I do that sometimes, actually a lot. I like to be alone with my thoughts. Rae and Louis knew I was safe." I shrug it off.

"I don't know. Louis was really nervous. He said that you have never gotten mad at him before. Rae felt like she chose Harry over you and that was making her panic. We were all trying to hide it from Brett. It was very stressful." Niall seems to chuckle at the memory.

"Well, I'm glad you can laugh about it now. Thanks for not blurting it out to Brett." This side of Niall isn't bugging me.

"I didn't know you liked Zayn, I thought you were just using him and Liam. I'm sorry for any problems I caused." Niall looks down ashamed. Good, he should.

"I didn't like Zayn like that." I say harshly. "But we were friends and that got ruined. Zayn is really good at leaving people behind. He did it to Harry, Louis, and Liam. He will do it to you as well."

"I'm not too worried about it. Zayn is a good guy." Niall just shrugs it off. "Did you really not know that the guy was in love with you?"

"Niall, we aren't friends. Why are you talking to me?" I say as harsh as I can. He is starting to bug me again.

"Can we try to be friends?" Niall voice is hopeful and a small part of me feels bad for what I'm about to say.

"Hell no. You destroyed one of friendships last night. We," I dramatically point between the both of us. "Will never be friends. Yes we will have to spend some time around each other, but don't get your hopes up." I turn and walk away.