Chapter 67

We are back in London, which I am so thankful for. I finally get my break. Unfortunately, that means Niall is having his surgery. I'm grateful that he will get better soon, but I'm worried about the actual surgery. What if something goes wrong? What if Niall dies? Okay, I realize that's a little dramatic, but I just got him back. I don't want to lose him again. My phone starts to ring and I welcome the distraction.

"Hi Rae!" I say as I answer the phone.

"Hey! You are staying at Niall's place, correct?" Rae calmly asks. A little too calmly for Rae.

"Yeah, but please don't go crazy. It doesn't mean anything. I just wanted to be close for after his surgery and he hated staying at Louis'." It doesn't mean that we are serious. He isn't even my boyfriend.

"Take me to the orginal address I gave you, please." I hear Rae say.

"What? Where are you going?" She must be doing something for work.

"So when is Niall's surgery?" Rae asks, completely ignoring my question.

"Its in two days. Tomorrow he has an appointment to meet with his surgeon." My nerves completely showing as I answer her question.

"Its going to be okay Jess. Everything is going to be okay." It sounds like she is trying to convince herself more than me.

"You are acting really weird. Is everything okay?" Rae is making me even more nervous.

"What are you and Niall doing?" Rae asks ignoring my question again.

"Niall just laid down for a nap in his room. I am in the living room watching tv." I know that I could keep questioning her, but what's the point. She is clearly distracted. Why did she call me? "So why did you call?"

"Thank you so much." Rae says and as I'm about to question her she starting talking again. "Have a great day."

I hear a car door shut and then silence.

"Hello?" I ask to make sure she didn't hang up.

"Why are you saying hello?" Rae asks confused.

"Oh, I don't know maybe it's-" I am cut off by the front door being knocked on. "Hold on someone is at the door, but when I get back you are telling me what's going on." I quickly leave the living room and walk to the front door. I swing the front door open to find Rae standing face to face with me. "What are you doing here?"

I slowly move my phone from my ear and hang up. I watch Rae skeptically as she keeps her phone up to her ear. She takes a few breaths and then finally places her phone in her back pocket.

"Are you going to let me in or just stare at me?" Rae cracks a smile, but it doesn't reach her eyes.

"Of course, come in." I step to the side and watch as she pulls a huge suitcase behind her. "Rae, I don't mean to sound rude, but what are doing here?"

"Are you staying in Niall's guest room or with him? I mean you probably don't mind if I put my things in the guest room, do you?" Rae asks with a straight face.

"I'm staying in the guest room, but it's fine if you put your stuff in there." I feel awkward, but I don't know why.

Rae turns and walks towards the guest room. I forgot that she lived in London and hung out with Niall. She has probably been here hundreds of times. When we reach the bedroom she sets her suitcase by my suitcase and sits on the bed.

"How has your break been?" Rae asks as she avoids eye contact and sits on the edge of the bed.

"Its only been a day, but so far so good." I walk over and sit on the opposite side of the bed. "I'm happy you are here."