Chapter 52

Waking up in Niall's arms is a dream come true. I lay here quietly just enjoying this moment. I never thought that I would be one for cuddling, but it is amazing. I could lay here all day. Too bad Maura would freak out and probably kick me out of the house. Wait, what time is it? We got back to the house around two a.m, so I'm sure it's early afternoon. She has to know that Niall isn't in his room.

"Niall!" I sit up in bed and turn to my side to grab my phone. I look at the time to see that it's a little past noon. "Shit. Your mom is going to kill us."

As I try to get out of bed Niall wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him. Niall nuzzles his face into my neck. He let's out a quiet hum. I relax as Niall cuddles next to me.

"Jess," Niall grumbles. His morning voice taking me by surprise. "She left early this morning for brunch with friends. She won't be back for hours."

I relax more into Niall's side as we lay in peace. I close my eyes and try to go back to sleep, but I am unsuccessful. I look over at Niall and he is looking at me with a serious expression. I close my eyes slowly and try to slow down my breathing, so Niall thinks that I fell back asleep. I let out a small snore to make it more believable and Niall erupts in laughter.

"Jess, you never snore." Niall let's out a chuckle, but I don't move. "I know you aren't sleeping."

"Maybe I'm trying to sleep, but you are being too loud." I open one eye to glare at Niall.

"Fine I will be quiet. I will just lay here and watch you." Niall tries to say with a straight face, but ends up laughing at the end.

"That doesn't sound creepy at all." I look at Niall nervously.

"I love watching you sleep." My eyes go wide at this little confession. "It didn't happen all the time. I would only watch you if you fell asleep before me or if I woke up before you."

"Right. I might need to sleep with one eye open from now on." I tease Niall.

"You wouldn't look as cute." Niall smirks at me.

"I'm always cute," I pout.

"Yes you are." Niall then kisses the top of my head. "I'm sorry for the things I said to you earlier this week. You just frustrate me so much, but in a good way. You challenge me in a way no one ever has."

"I'm sorry for being so frustrating. I don't try to be." I say feeling ashamed.

"Don't be sorry. It is one of the many things I love about you." Niall looks at me with so much love.

"Niall, I-"

"I know a couple days ago I made it sound like that I didn't love you anymore, but I do. I love you so much." Niall sits up, pulling me up with him. His arms wrapped around my waist. Niall leans in and gives me a soft kiss. "I'm sorry. I cut you off. What were you saying?"

"Oh, um, I don't remember what I was saying." I don't remember anything from five seconds ago.

"I freaked you out. You are freaking out, aren't you? You are planning your escape right now." I open my mouth to protest, but Niall sighs. He lowers he head sadly. "I thought you were ready to hear it. Obviously you weren't. Just pretend like it didn't happen."

"No, I don't want to pretend like it didn't happen." Niall snaps his head up and looks up at me. "I love you too and that really freaks me out. I don't know what that means for us. How do-"

I am cut off again by Niall, but this time Niall cuts me off by kissing me. There is so much passion that when Niall pulls away I'm breathless. I look at Niall and for a split second I think I see guilt and regret. He smiles and I decide that I'm just imagining things.