Chapter 13

When I walk through the sorority house I am hit with an idea. Maybe this semester I should really focus on the sorority and school. Jay and his friends were really nice, but I'm not exactly like them and I don't want to end up like them. They all gave up on their dreams. I don't want to end up like that. As I walk past the living room I see Lacey sitting on the couch while other girls are sitting around her.

I poke my head in and say, "hey Lacey. I will do the party planning thing."

I wait and prepare myself for the celebration. Three... two.. one. The squeals hit my ears and I soon have different sets of arms hugging me. I jump up and down and they all join in making me laugh.

"This is just the best news ever. Our first mixer is in two weeks. Can you plan a party by then?" Lacey just jumps right into business.

"Of course," I say very confidently.

"If you need help just ask!" Lacey squeals one more time.

All the girls who are hugging me finally let go and I leave the room. I make my way upstairs and as I pass more of my "sisters" I greet them. I feel like a goof, but this is how I become more involved with the sorority. When I reach my bedroom door I hesitate. What if Rae is still mad and says more mean things? There is only one way to find out. I slowly open the door and find Rae sitting at her desk. I walk into the room and set my purse next to me on the bed. I stare at the back of Rae's head.

"Don't move. I am almost done with this assignment," Rae speaks up. I do as she says and just sit on my bed. Only a couple minutes later she turns around. She isn't smiling and she looks sad. "I am so sorry for all the rude things I said to you. I do love you for who you are. I just want you to be happy, but you are the one person I can always count on and I need you here."

I watch as her voice cracks at the end and soon tears start to fall down her cheeks. This can't just be from our fight.

"Wow, hey. What's wrong? I'm sorry if I scared you and I promise I will be more careful." I walk over to her and give her a hug.

"Harry and I got into a fight today and it just made me realize that you are the only person I can one hundred percent count on. I need you to take care of yourself." Rae wipes her eyes.

"What did Harry do?" I will really kill him.

"He started talking about after college and how we should move to New York. When I told him I couldn't he freaked out." Rae walks over to her bed and I follow.

"Why can't you go to New York?" I ask as I sit down.

"I'm just suppose to pack up my life and move," Rae snaps.

"You guys have been dating a week. Don't you think this argument is a little premature? Who knows if you will even be together when we graduate." The words come out a lot harsher than they are suppose to.

"You wouldn't understand." She has a good point.

"Why don't you want to move? It would be a great move for your career." I give her a sympathetic look.

"Who would take care of you?" The way Rae asks this makes me feel like a jerk.

"Don't worry about me. I have Brett and apparently Niall. Besides, I could be joining you in New York." I say the last part casually.

Rae, of course squeals and jumps off the bed and claps her hands. She sits back down and hugs me.

"That would be amazing! You, Harry, and I would run that city!" Rae now has a huge smile on her face.

"I think we need to go over to the frat house for you to make up with Harry." I wiggle my eyebrows at Rae and she blushes.

Instead of saying anything she jumps back up and pulls me up with her. As we walk down the stairs and outside towards the frat house Rae's smile never leaves. I don't understand why she worries about me so much. I wish everyone would stop worrying so I could do whatever I wanted. I'm just glad Brett doesn't know or I would suffocate from his hovering.