Chapter 34

"Rae I am so tired of this book." I roll over on to my back and close my book. "They call this great literature? Ha! More like a depressing rom-com. Does anyone actually like Pride and Prejudice?"

"Yes Jess. Lots of people do." Rae says from her desk. She turns around to look at me. "It is an amazing love story."

"Have you even read this?" Rae nods her head yes. "Ew, why?"

"Because it is one of America's greatest novels." Rae rolls her eyes at me. "Why did you choose to read this book?"

"I have read all the other ones." I should have just picked one of the other books. That would have made this semester so much easier. "I thought this book would have made more sense."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean there is no way two people can hate each other and then fall madly in love. Mr. Darcy said way too many mean things about Elizabeth. How can she just forgive him so easily?" I grab the book and then set it back down.

"Please tell me that you are joking." Rae looks at me incredulously.

"Why would I be joking?"

"You and Niall both said some pretty mean things about each other and yet here we are."

"Niall and I are nothing like the characters in this book." I pick up the book once again and throw it at Rae.

"Doesn't Mr. Darcy say that Elizabeth is tolerable, but not handsome enough to tempt him? I vaguely remember Niall saying that you were pretty, but not his type. Doesn't Elizabeth call Mr. Darcy despising? I'm pretty sure you called Niall rude and stuck up. Am I right or am I right?" Rae gives me a cocky smile.

"You couldn't be more wrong!" I roll my eyes. "I do feel like I am living in that time period, no sex until marriage."

"Jess," Rae laughs. "You are worse than Harry."

"Hey! I am not that bad." I shake my head in disbelief. "Harry makes sex jokes all the time."

"True, but Harry is joking. You on the other hand are very serious." Rae smirks at me.

"Whatever." I push myself off the bed. "Are you going to the ping pong tournament tonight?"

"I don't know. I have so much homework. Who decided to have a party on a Tuesday night?" Rae sighs, obviously stressed out.

Midterms start next week and we are all stressing out. I have six papers due and they aren't going to be cute small papers. They are ten plus page papers. Rae has a ton fashion things she has to do. Niall and Brett have tests and papers due. I don't know about Harry and Louis. They never seem to let anything stress them out. Lucky jerks.

"I know, but it will be a good break for us. I have been working on a billion different papers and all I want right now is to take a break, drink some alcohol, and flirt with a very cute Irishman. I have a feeling you want the same, except with a tall British fellow." I raise my eyebrows at Rae.

"You do have a very good point. How about one more hour of studying and then we will get ready and leave?" Rae seems to relax a little.

"Let's go all out for tonight. We will dress super athletic." I smile at Rae, getting excited for the night.

***

"Will you curl my hair?" I ask Rae as she finishes putting mascara on.

"Why can't you do it?" Rae tilts her head at me.

"Because I am too lazy." I grin widely.

"Fine. Grab a chair." Rae tries to sound annoyed, but when a smile appears it gives her away.