Epilogue

"Don't you dare put that in your mouth." I use my stern mom voice. Unfortunately, my daughter takes after me. "When your dad gets home he is going to be furious."

"No, he won't. Daddy loves me." I watch as our four year old daughter twirls with a marker inches from her mouth.

I would reach over and grab it, but Niall has seemed to knock me up again. This time with a boy and I'm still not convinced that there aren't two in me. I am large. Way bigger than I ever got with our daughter, Claire. I can't move fast enough so Claire will just pop the marker in her mouth.

"Claire, give mommy that marker right now." I stick out my hand.

"No!" Claire giggles and runs off. I hear the marker on the walls.

I look at the clock and see that Niall has only been at practice for forty-five minutes. For a moment I debate on calling him and telling him I'm in labor just so he will come home. I have been having mild contractions all morning, but I probably shouldn't do that. I take a deep breath and stand straight up so I'm not leaning on the kitchen island.

"Claire! Mommy is coming to get you." I speed walk over to Claire.

I end up chasing her around our kitchen for twenty minutes. Our laughter fills the air. I take a step just a little too wide and then I feel water fall out of me. I don't know how else to say it. I didn't pee my pants. It was too much fluid to be pee. My water broke.

"Uh oh. Mommy had an accident." Claire stands right behind me. "Mommy, go sit on the potty."

"I don't need to sit on the potty, but thank you." I turn around and pat Claire's head.

"No, mommy. Potty, now!" Claire starts to get upset, because when she has an accident she has to sit on the potty.

"Do not yell at me. I'm not sitting on the potty." Claire starts crying hysterically and I try to think of everything I need to do. "What do I need to do?"

How am I going blank on this? Niall and I planned everything out. I need to put the bags in the car and call Rae. She is going to watch Claire. I try to take a step forward, but I can't move. A strong contraction starts. I stop all movement and take deep breaths.

"I want daddy!" Claire cries out.

Daddy! I can call daddy. I mean Niall. I still have to walk, but not far. I take a few steps toward the kitchen counter and grab my phone. I dial Niall's number and wait. He is supposed to have his ringer turned up, because I am thirty-nine weeks pregnant. He doesn't answer so I call again. He doesn't answer again, so I call Brett. Niall talked his coach into scouting Brett. Brett wanted to continue playing soccer so he moved to London and is on Niall's team. Brett doesn't answer and I let out a sigh of frustration. I have Niall's coach's number for an emergency like this. I dial the number.

"Ello." The very British man says.

"Coach Dennis? This is Jess, Niall's," I hesitate. Does he know that we aren't married? I don't even know what to describe our relationship as. "Jess. Um, my water just broke and-"

"Holly hell! Horan!" Coach Dennis yells. "Your lady is in labor! Her water broke!"

Way to announce it to everyone there coach. I hear cheering in the distance and then I hear "how far apart are the contractions?"

"How would I know that?" Coach Dennis asks.

"Ask her." I hear Niall perfectly.

"Seven minutes apart coach." I just answer for him.

"She says seven minutes." Coach Dennis does not seem to like being our speaking person. "Go and take your brother. I don't need him distracted and getting hurt."