Chapter 30

Jess P.O.V

***

"Why is Crystal coming?" I bitterly ask Brett.

"Niall invited her and I thought it would be fun. She is a really nice girl." Brett seems to brush off my distaste for her.

"Who does Niall think he is that he can invite someone to our house? Niall isn't even invited anymore." I cross my arms and pout like a little girl.

"Yes he is. Are you forgetting that it's my house too? I figure its probably more my house than yours." Brett turns to me and chuckles.

"How do you figure that?"

"I spent way more time at home." Brett let's out another chuckle, which makes me roll my eyes. "When was the last time you have spoken with Niall?"

"Monday when he blamed me for him almost getting kicked off the team."

I can't believe it's been four days since Niall and I talked. Its seems so much longer. We have never gone that long without talking. Even when we hated each other we talked every day. Niall canceled his tutoring sessions for the week and then he refused to look at me in his creative writing class. I hope he gets an F on his paper. Okay, that's harsh and a huge lie. I hope he gets a stupid A.

"Niall was scared. He is a really good player. Niall will probably become a proffesional player if he keeps playing how he is." Brett justifies Niall's actions.

"It doesn't matter. I didn't force him to smoke. I didn't shove the weed down his throat. I told him to leave." I start to get irritated. "Why do you always support your teammates over me?"

"Jess, the only reason why Niall was getting high was for you. We all know he likes you. Just give the guy a break. Talk to him this weekend." Brett places his hand on my shoulder.

I shrug his hand off me and roll my eyes. If we weren't sitting in the car right now I would leave. We are waiting for everyone to load their stuff into the car our parents rented for us. They thought it would be more fun if we could all ride together. This four hour trip is going to be a lot of fun. They had to get a Cadillac Escalade. I protested, but they said it was the only car big enough to rent.

"I think I am going to pass." I turn to look out the driver's side window.

Thanks to my immaturity my conversation with Brett is done. I stare out the window and watch as different people run around trying to get ready for the weekend. We have Friday and Monday off, because every employee is going through a mandatory training. I don't know why they didn't do it in the summer, but I'm not complaining. I am excited to go home for the long weekend. I haven't been home in two years. Thanksgiving and Christmas has always been spent at a relative's house. I feel nervous to go home. I'm glad I have Rae and Louis with me. They are great buffers when my parents are around. I'm a little disappointed though. I thought this weekend would go by Niall and I sneaking around. Going for midnight swims and watching the sunrise and sunset. All that romantic shit.

Louis pops up out of nowhere making me jump. He laughs so hard that I can hear him perfectly. His boyish grin appears when he is done laughing. Louis opens my door to greet me.

"Jess, this weekend is going to be insane. Thanks for inviting Lacey." Louis' grin makes me smile.

"If I won't be getting any then I might as well help someone else get some." I always like being Louis' wingwoman.

"Liam is coming so if you want to slum it you can." Louis snickers making me laugh. He always acts like a child.

"I think Liam and I are just trying to not kill each other." He hasn't been bugging me as much. I would call that progress.