Chapter 19-part 2

I force myself to go inside even though I want to stay with Niall. I make myself walk as fast as possible. I can't turn and look at Niall, because if I do I will go back to him. I feel relief wash over me once I'm in the house. When I shut the door I start screaming Rae's name even though it's only nine a.m.

"Rae! Rae I need you now!" I yell while running up the stairs and into our room. Thankfully she is awake. "So apparently Niall thinks I'm gorgeous. Like the most gorgeous girl he has ever met." I start pacing around our room. "And since he thinks that it is okay for him to be mean to me when he gets jealous. I don't even know if I like him. I have never really liked a guy."

"Jess, calm down. What's going on?" Rae puts her sketch pad down and looks at me.

"Niall took me to a park just now and told me I was gorgeous and that I am his type. Rae, what am I suppose to do with that? He was mean last night. I can't forgive him." I take a deep breath, because I said all of that way too fast.

"First of all, stop trying to self sabotage. Second of all, Niall likes you. Of course he was jealous last night. The poor guy was following you around like a lost puppy and then at the end of the night you were going to toss him aside for some random guy. Lastly, the guy you have been pining over for the last two weeks just told you that you are the most gorgeous girl he has ever met. You should be celebrating." Rae smiles at me and then adds, "plus, what he said last night wasn't even mean. He told you the truth."

"You think I'm overreacting?" This is why I need Rae.

"Yes, but that's okay. This is the first guy you have ever let in. It will take some time to get use to it." Rae softly claps her hands together. "I am so happy you like someone!"

"What should I do now?" I have no clue what the next step is.

"You should go tell him." Rae points out the obvious.

"Right." Is all I say and then I'm out the door running back outside.

As I walk outside I stop in my tracks. Niall's car is still parked in front of the house. His windows are rolled down and he is just sitting there looking at his phone. He looks perfect and he isn't even doing anything. How can someone look perfect with no effort? The sound of the front door shutting is just loud enough for Niall to turn and look at me. His frown slowly turns into a smile.

"Do you want to leave," Niall calls out to me.

I walk over to his car and say, "let's go back to that park and write your paper." I try to keep a steady voice while I climb into his car.

Niall quietly starts his car and pulls away from the house. I look out the window as I try to steady my hands. I hang out with Niall all the time. There is no need to be nervous. He said I was attractive, he never mentioned liking me. I am freaking out for no reason. Niall and I can be just friends even if we are attracted to each other. I don't need to tell him that every time I am with him I have to actively remind myself that ripping his clothes off would be unacceptable. I also don't need to tell him that I keep wondering what it would be like to kiss him again while he is sober.

"You don't have to help me if you don't want to." Niall says, breaking our silence.

"You could have said that before we left my place." I laugh as Niall pulls up to the park. "We are already here."

"Right," Niall mumbles.

"Perk up buttercup! Writing your paper will be fun." I jump out of his car and walk in the direction of the tree we were sitting under the first time we were here.

By the time I get to the tree Niall is just barely getting out of the car. I watch as he grabs the blanket and his backpack from the back seat and walks towards me. A frown is set upon his face instead of his usual smile. What could he possibly be upset about? When he reaches me he lays the blanket down and stands there looking at me.