Chapter 72

One month later

"Love is weird. You go from not knowing someone to wanting to do anything for them and if you are like me, relearning how to live without this person once they are gone. I made the goal to love myself as much as I loved this one man. No, I want to love myself as much as he loved me. When he did love me it was so good. He tried to fix me, make me happy, and show me why I deserved to be happy. That wasn't his job though. It's my turn to fix myself and to make myself happy. This is where I'm starting, writing a book about my ex-boyfriend and everything I have learned along the way of falling in love for the first time." I read for the last time. I look up and see the audience clapping for me. I look to the left to see Niall, my mom, my dad, Brett, Mr. Jay, Louis, Harry, Rae, and even Zayn. Niall stands up first and they all follow suit. I don't know how this dream that I was so scared to dream became a reality, but it did. I smile at my family and friends and look at everyone else. "Thank you to everyone who has believed in me and for buying this book. It has been an amazing journey and I can't believe we are at the end of it."

My eyes fill with tears and I'm surprised at the sudden emotions that are taking over. My first book tour is over. I can't even wrap my head around this. Where did the last four months go? My life is so different compared to what it was before the tour. Everyone's lives are different. Harry and Rae are getting married in three weeks, Brett is starting his senior year of college, Louis lost his mom, Niall tore his ACL and had to have surgery. It's wild what four months can do.

"Let's give it up for Jess and her amazing book." McKenna says while holding a mic. "Thank you to this wonderful book store for letting us be here all day and thank you to you guys for standing in line all day. I wish I could say that Jess' next book is already in printing, but it's not. However, Jess promised me that she is writing a book. Here's to Jess and her amazing book."

Everyone applauds again as I walk off the stage and into the employees' break room. I stand in here for a few minutes before McKenna, my editor, and the publishing house head editor come walking in. My publicist couldn't make it, but I'm glad. He would have made the day about Niall. They all give me hugs and say congratulations.

"As being your editor, I have to ask, how is the new book coming?" James asks. I haven't seen or talked to this guy in months.

"Honestly, I haven't started writing yet. I don't know what to write. I have lots of ideas though. Do I write a sequel to this book about my new relationship with Niall. Do I write something completely different? I don't know." Its so stressful. "I feel like there is more pressure with this book."

"That's true, some are going to be patient and let you decide. Just don't wait too long." Clara calmly says and this is why she is the boss.

"I understand." I smile and feel a little pressure dissapear.

"Now go celebrate and relax. You deserve it!" Clara hugs me one more time and then leaves.

James follow behind her and I look at McKenna. We laugh at how much of kiss ass James is. Then McKenna gives me the go ahead to leave this small room. I walk out to the nearly empty book store now. Wow, the store cleared out fast. That's good for me though. That means leaving will be easy.

I walk out to find my family and friends waiting. I walk over to my mom and hug her first, and then my dad, then Brett, and then Niall. I go down the line and hug everyone. The last person I hug is Zayn and our hug lasts a little longer and as we let go of each other Zayn talks.

"Congratulations. I always knew you would do this." Zayn says softly and sincerely.

"Thank you. I can't believe you are all here. I can't believe this book had this kind of response. I never thought it would make it on to New York's best seller list." It blows my mind what has happened. "I can't even wrap my mind around how successful the book tour was. Every city had hundreds of people there."