Chapter 70

"Oh Canada! Oh Canada, the land I love!" Louis belts out singing.

"Louis, what are you trying to sing?" I try to ask with some amusement. I can't ignore the pain I feel in my throat and how my head is pounding. I think my lack of sleep and traveling is getting to me.

"I do not know the words to their song," Louis admits.

"Clearly." I say trying not to laugh.

"Oh well. This place is awesome. We should go do something crazy." Louis' smile is the biggest I have seen it in months.

"Just let me call Niall and tell him that we landed." I start to pull out my phone.

"You two are insufferable." Louis rolls his eyes. "You just saw each other. Do you really need to call him?"

"You wanted this so I give no apologies." I smirk at Louis. "Oh and I didn't just see him. We had a very long plane ride."

"We are only going to be in Canada for three days." Louis continues to tease me.

"I don't care." I say as sassy as I can. I turn all of my attention to my phone. I dial Niall's number. After a couple rings Niall answers the phone. Before he says anything I say, "hey Niall! I made it to the land of maple leaves and hockey lovers."

"That's great. What are you and Louis going to do?" Niall sounds tired. I feel bad for waking him up, but he did tell me to call him when I landed.

"Louis wants to go do something, but I think I am going to go to the hotel and sleep." I didn't sleep much on the plane.

"Are you feeling okay? You sound sick." Niall asks concerned.

"I think I'm fighting a cold, but I will be fine." I try to take a deep breath, but it's hard. This might be worse than a cold. "I'm going to let you go back to sleep and I am also going to go to sleep."

"Have fun. See you in a few days." I hear Niall yawn.

"Bye Niall." I hang up and then look at Louis. "I hate to break it to you, but I think I'm going to go to the hotel. You and McKenna should go do something though."

"I was thinking you didn't look very good, but I didn't want to say anything." Louis looks at me sympathetically.

"Yeah. I think I'm fighting a cold." I fell alseep on the plane and when I woke up bam, I'm sick. "Where is McKenna anyways? Isn't she picking us up?"

This probably isn't the best time to ask, since we are currently standing outside the airport waiting to be picked up. Even though it is the middle of summer I stand here freezing. I turn to Louis waiting for his answer and hoping that he gets the hint that I'm cold.

"She should be here soon." Louis smiles and then continues to look around.

The dummy doesn't catch the hint and I just stand here quietly. He is a guy so I shouldn't be surprised.

As we stand around waiting for McKenna I kind of gaze off. I stare off into the distance and not really think of anything. Eventually a black suv pulls up and Louis shakes me a bit.

"Jess, what are you doing? I have been trying to talk to you for like ten minutes. I gave up when it seemed like you were sleeping with your eyes open." Louis says and then laughs.

"I just kind of zoned out." I blink my eyes a few times.

McKenna opens the door and jumps out. She helps me with my luggage and then we all get in the car. McKenna glances at me and gasps.

"What did you do on your vacation? You look wrecked." McKenna stares at me.

"Geez, thanks." I roll my eyes. "I didn't do anything. I took care of Niall, that's it. I think I have a little cold. A long nap and some soup and then I will be better."