Chapter 27

Jess' P.O.V

I open my eyes and take a deep breath. Last night is a complete blur so waking up in a room that isn't mine is a little unnerving. I only have to look at one wall to know where I am. I roll onto my side to look at the ground and find Niall laying on his side scrolling through his phone. Before I can say anything there is a knock on the door. Niall gets up and looks over at me. He smiles and brings his index finger up to his lips to tell me to be quiet. I nod my head and sit up.

Niall opens the door and says, "hey Brett."

"My parents wanted to invite you to breakfast this morning. Jess will be there if that makes a difference." Brett mentions me with hesitation. What does he mean by that?

"Its doesn't make a difference." Niall chuckles. "I will come, just give me five minutes."

Niall shuts his door and walks over to me. He smiles and then it slowly fades. He stops in front of the bed and then grabs his broken desk chair and sits on it. I feel like whatever happened last night is the cause of this weirdness.

"How are you feeling today?" Niall kindly asks.

"Headache and I feel a little queasy. How did I end up in your bed? Did I take more pain killers?" I force a laugh to hide my fear.

"How much do you remember from last night?" Niall looks up at me with a worried expression.

"I remember Louis and I getting high in his room. I don't remember leaving Louis' room though." I say sheepishly. I only got high because I was mad at Niall. "Wait, I also remember you going all caveman." I deepen my voice and say, "you are mine and I'm jealous, blah blah blah." I laugh and then start talking normally. "Niall, you can't say I'm yours and then let Crystal hang all over you."

"I was hoping you wouldn't remember any of that." Niall takes a deep breath. "Do you remember me finding you in the bathroom?" I warily shake my head no. "You were pretty much dying when I found you."

Niall seems to be amused by the pain I was in. He isn't as sweet as I thought. I better take this chance to tease him.

"You find this funny! You aren't as sweet as you think you are." I accuse him.

"I usually don't believe in karma, but it did make me feel a little better." Niall let's a chuckle slip. "And I am to sweet. Any other guy would have slept in the same bed as you without asking you permission."

"Karma? I didn't do anything wrong in the first place to deserve being so sick!" I exclaim and then I remember Brett being in the other room.

"You knew exactly what would happen when you did all those things yesterday." Niall scowls at me. I feel like a child right now.

"I had a bad day yesterday and I may have misplaced my anger. I'm sorry." I look down feeling a little ashamed.

"What happened yesterday? You seemed fine yesterday morning." Niall looks at me concerned.

"How about we talk about you and Crystal instead?" I don't want to get into my conversation with my uncle.

"How about we talk about all of this after breakfast with your parents?" I feel like Niall is trying to hide something.

"Okay." Niall walks over to me and smiles. My worries disappear. "I have a great idea! Before it gets cold we should go on a picnic. I will get everything set up!"

Picnics are cheesy and so cliche, but a picnic date is one thing I have always wanted to do. Niall would be the perfect person to do this with.

"A picnic date, how cute." Niall leans in and kisses the top of my head. "I have to do some homework, will one p.m work?"