Chapter 39

"Are you excited?" Rae asks as she shoves one more shirt into her suitcase.

"Are you forgetting who you are talking to?" Rae slowly nods her head as I say this. "What about you? Harry is meeting your parents for the first time."

"I am so nervous! What if my daddy doesn't like Harry? I already warned them of Harry's tattoos." Rae zips up her suitcase and looks at me.

"I think your daddy will love Harry and if he doesn't, who cares?" It really isn't that big of a deal.

"Jess, I am not you. I can't just ignore my parents wishes." Rae picks up her suit case and sets it on the floor. "When are you leaving to go home?"

"As soon as the guys are done with practice we will leave." Hopefully practice will last longer than normal.

"Don't they get done in thirty minutes?" Rae's eyes widen when I nod my head yes. "Don't you think you should get ready to leave?"

"I should probably pack too." I crack a smile as Rae's mouth drops open.

"You stress me out." Rae shakes her head disapprovingly.

"Aww, thanks." I smirk at Rae. "You sound just like my mom."

"How does your mom not have grey hair," Rae jokes. "But seriously, Brett is so excited to go home. Don't make him wait on you."

"Fine. I will start packing." I roll off my bed and walk over to my closet. "Do you think I need to dress cute the whole time I'm there?"

"That's up to you." Rae walks past me and slaps my butt. "Have fun and be nice! See you on Sunday night!"

I turn around and throw my arms around Rae. "You best believe that I am going to call you and text you all the time."

"Why does it feel like we are saying goodbye for a long time? We are going to see each other in four days." Rae says while pushing me away.

"It feels weird to be separated." I start laughing at my statement. "We are together way too much."

"Or do we not spend enough time together, so being separated feels wrong?" Rae raises an eyebrow at me.

"Good point, Rae. Good thing we are living together after we graduate." I smile widely at Rae.

"Do you think it's weird that we have life after graduation planned even though we don't graduate for another year?" Rae smiles back at me.

"Ne-" I start to say, but I'm cut off.

"Jess, let's go!" Brett's voice rings throughout the house.

"Shit! Distract them for me." I tell Rae while I grab my shower stuff. "I need to take a quick shower."

I leave the room and sprint down the hallway to the bathroom. If I don't jump in the shower now then Brett won't let me shower before we leave.

***

One hour later we are on the road. Brett's nagging made me get ready and pack in record time. To say he was disappointed that I wasn't ready to leave is an understatement. Louis and Niall decided to separate Brett and I during the drive. Louis offered to drive my car so him and Brett are in the front while Niall and I are in the back.

"Jess, you knew practice would be over at ten and we would be at your place by ten-thirty at the latest. I don't understand why you weren't packed or even ready to leave." Brett says for what feels like the hundredth time.

"I already told you I was sorry. I don't know what else you want me to say." And I apologize for the hundredth time. "I wasn't paying attention to the time, that's it. I'm sorry."