Chapter 2 - Goldy

"Hellooooo? Goldy? Are you there?" I heard someone call from outside. My heart sped up. Ryan. I dropped my video game controller and rushed down the steps of the treehouse. "Coming!" I️ called down. I️ saw a boy down there, obviously Ryan. I️ could pick him out a mile away. "Hey, Ryan!" I greeted, arriving at the bottom step in front of him. I saw him smirk. "Hi, Cutie." Ryan replied.
I️ blushed. Did this mean... Ryan liked me like I️ liked him? Like, he like liked me? Either way, he seemed to like my reaction because his smirk widened. "Shut up," I tried to say, but the words wouldn't come out of my mouth. "Let's go," I just said brusquely. "Race ya!" I teased.
A couple minutes of running later, I beat Ryan to the daycare. "I won!" I exclaimed triumphantly. "Yeah, yeah." Ryan rolled his eyes. "That means I get to do I️t today!" I grinned. "Whatever," Ryan said. "Welcooooome to another day at DAYCAAAAAARE!" I️ hollered, running toward the door. The two of us ran up the stairs. My face turned pale."Hiiii everybody!" Ryan called. Then he glanced at me nervously, because I was supposed to say that too. But I couldn't say anything. Because I was too scared. Because someone was glaring at me. Because that someone was a very familiar girl in a tiger onesie.