Chapter 44 - Goldy

To my surprise, there was a girl standing on the blue couch where Tina usually sat. She had long, light brown hair and green eyes. Her shirt was striped with light green and white, and her shorts were gray. Tina frowned at her slightly, then shook her head as if trying to remember something important.

 (Ha ha know who it is, guys? Comment if you know, then I'm going to make you scroll down. NO CHEATING PEOPLE!!!)

          "I'm Ash... who are you guys? Why weren't you here before?" The brunette asked, looking confused. I figured we were giving her a weird introduction, just standing there staring at her, so I grinned. "I'm Goldy! The one in the tiger onesie is Tina, the guy in the blue shirt is Ryan, the one in the chicken suit is Sabre, and the one in the unicorn onesie is UnicornMann, but we just call him Unicorn. Nice to meet you, Ash!" I prodded the others, indicating that they should say hi, too. Sabre looked happy, Tina did too, and so did Unicorn. Ryan was just gazing at Ash, clearly in awe. I let my eyes linger on him for a bit longer, and I felt a twinge of some strange emotion... jealousy, that's what it was. How I felt when I had a crush on  Ryan but he was "with" Tina.

             "Nice to meet you guys!" Ash exclaimed, bringing me back to the present. "Welcome to the daycare!" Ryan finally said, sending her a charming smile. One he usually reserved for me... but this girl was in a new environment, and she needed to feel loved here. "Do you need a tour of the place?" Sabre asked her kindly. "Sometimes, I still get lost, so it might be a good idea to show you around!" "Yeah... that would be great!" Ash grinned. "You guys probably shouldn't lose me on the first day. That sounds like a LOT of paperwork!" I laughed, knowing I would like this Ash girl. "I'll come with you!" Ryan immediately offered. "Yep! We'll all come!" I said cheerfully. 

            Sabre grinned, but Ryan interrupted. "We don't need all of us to take Ash around the daycare. Sabre and I can take her on a tour, and you guys can hang out," Ryan told me. I wanted to protest, but I remembered how Tina reacted when I first came, so I forced a grin. "Okay! Sounds great!" It sounded fake in my ears, but the others smiled, so it must have sounded and looked convincing. 

           "Sounds great! Goldy and I have a girl chat to do. Long overdo, RIGHT Goldy?" Tina said,  widening her eyes at me, imploring me to agree. "Y-yeah, that's right! I'd almost forgotten!" I bluffed."Great, see ya around!" Ryan said, hooking an arm through Ash's. Sabre put his arm through Ash's other arm, acting as if it were totally usual. Sabre sent me a soft smile, though, so he must have been trying to reassure me. "Come on, Goldy! Let's go to my room!" Tina said. I smiled sadly at her. "Yeah. Let's go..." I said softly. As I walked up the stairs, I looked over my shoulder to see Ryan before I went up. Ryan was laughing with Ash, and he didn't look back.