Chapter 5 - Ryan

I still felt kinda bad for raising my voice at Tina, but there was no time for remorse. I ran off toward the stairs, hoping Goldy would know to follow. Glancing over my shoulder, I saw Goldy dash after me and Tina sulk away upstairs. I grinned, and quickly ran down the stairs. I turned right and skidded to a halt beside them. Goldy was down right after me. 

         I tried for a cocky grin, and jabbed a thumb over my shoulder. "UnicornMann's... basement?" She asked incredulously. "But we're not allowed!" She protested. "Well, you are," I pointed out. "And I went into UnicornMann's tower all the time at the old daycare, even after I switched to the slingshot squad's side." Goldy frowned. Oops.  I thought. Perhaps it was not the smartest move to remind her of that. "Come ON! Are you scaaared?" I challenged. A confident grin appeared, lighting up her face. "Never!" Goldy exclaimed quietly. "Then let's do it!" I hopped up on the barrier wall. Goldy tried to follow. "I'm too short for this, and to tall to get under!" She hissed. I reached down a hand. She grabbed it. A zap seemed to travel through my skin, but I didn't let go. I hoisted her up beside me, not letting go of her hand. Then, together, we jumped into the depths of UnicornMann's whatever was down here.

        (At this point, I am just going to make up my own ideas of what is in Unicorn's basement.) Goldy and I finally hit the ground on some sort of machine that pushed you up with a burst of air to soften your fall. It was pretty cool. I looked around. The basement was huge. There were shelves on the wall full of potions. The room was lit up with a bunch of different colored lights. There was an enchantment table surrounded by bookshelves in one corner. There was a display case on the left that had potions of different colors, each with a label. I read a few. "Fire Powers - Ryan, Water Powers - Lizzy, Ice Powers - Tina, Plant Powers - Goldy, Full Wizard - UnicornMann" I frowned. We don't have powers. I glanced at Goldy, who seemed to know what this was about. "Those are prototype potions. They're potions that give you powers based on your inner elements. They are very dangerous, and we shouldn't go near them until they're perfected," She informed me. I shivered. Not going near those for a while. 

       "Come ON!" Goldy whispered. She was already holding my hand, so she just dragged me off toward a room in the back. We walked in. There were Lizzy-Bot prototypes in little glass testing rooms. "He never gave up being a scientist totally," Goldy told me. Then she turned to face an empty wall. "Pumpernickel!" She announced. I frowned. "What?" I asked. "You'll see." Goldy smiled at me. There was a sound like machine parts moving, and then Goldy smiled. We walked back out of the Lizzy-Bot room, and there was a secret door open, about big enough for twenty people, with personal space. Goldy pulled me in, and pressed a button on the wall. A small slab of rock pushed in front of us, big enough so that we could crouch behind it, but not big enough so that we could stand without being seen. 

      We stood, just to make it fair for the others. "How do you know about this?" I asked Goldy quietly. She grinned at me. "I built it myself," Goldy replied. "Wow!" I exclaimed. "Even UnicornMann doesn't know about this." She told me. "He will after this game, though," Goldy finished. "Are you okay with that?" I queried. "Yeah, it was only ever meant to be as a hiding spot for Hide and Seek." She replied. "Cool." I said. Goldy smiled at me. "Yeah." Then I realized that Goldy and I were still holding hands. But I didn't mention it. Because I kind of liked it.