Chapter 11 - Ryan

WHY did she choose dare? That is pretty much the worst thing she could POSSIBLY have done! I thought. "Well, Goldy. I dare you... to do exactly what you made Ryan do for your dare. Go jump in the sea, swim a couple feet out, and come back." Tina said. Goldy's eyes widened. "Tina... you know I can't swim." She protested. "Hey, you said dare. You have to stick with it." Tina countered. Of ALL the things, Tina makes Goldy do the thing that kills her! Well, not permanently, but respawning is hard! "That's unoriginal! Do something else." I told Tina. Tina shook her head. "I'm staying with my dare. There's nothing you can do about it," She said stubbornly. I sighed. "Tina, please. It would be really nice," I said. Maybe flattery would work. "NO. DEFINITELY NOT. I AM NEVER NICE TO GOLDY!!!" Tina yelled. Goldy's eyes were wide. "I really think you should change your dare... and you know what happened last time you forced me to swim..." She bit her lip. "MmmmmmHMMMMMMMMMMM!" To be honest, I was not really surprised at that reaction, although it was a tactful move, and worth a try. "I am NOT switching my dare... unless, of course... Goldy wants to change to truth..." She suggested. 

           I could tell my face was paling. Tina could expose us with what she asked, and that would make it even more dangerous for Goldy. UnicornMann seemed to be frustrated with Tina's insistence, and stepped forward to had Goldy something. Goldy's eyes widened. "Are you sure?" She asked. "Um, yeah, it probably works. Just, don't, you know, use it too much, or the side effects will kick in." He said. I suddenly saw what Unicorn had handed her. It was the elemental potions that we saw in the basement. "The effects are permanent though," Goldy pointed out with wide eyes. "Yeah, well, hopefully it works right." Unicorn said. 

         Then, I had an idea. "Well, I have one of your water breathing potions," I said. "Will that help?" Unicorn frowned. "Maybe, but the potion may wear off if Goldy gets taken too far into the ocean. "It's an 8 minute potion," I told him. "That's probably our best hope," Unicorn decided. "Yeah, I'm not sure if Goldy should try something that may have horrible side effects," Sabre put in. I realized that he was holding hands with Cookie, and when I looked at Goldy, she could probably notice it too. "I ship it..." I whispered to her, and she grinned at me in return. "Um, could I have a moment alone to take the potion?" Goldy asked. Tina frowned, but even she obviously couldn't find a valid reason to deny it. Goldy met my eyes, and I saw what she was trying to tell me. We all walked off. 

         "Oh my gosh, I forgot to give her the potion!" I laughed. "Be right back!" I said, and walked off to where Goldy was standing behind a concessions stand with the curtains down, so no one could see her. I handed her the potion. "Thanks," She said awkwardly. "No problem," I replied. There was a silence. "So... about what I was asking earlier..." I said. Goldy smiled. "So, were you asking me on a date?" She asked me. "Well... kinda. Unless, you know, you don't want it to be," I told her. "I do want  it to be. I do." Goldy told me, and her face started to turn pink. I could feel myself blushing, too. Goldy took the potion and drank it. "Okay then... well..." She said. That's when I stepped forward a bit. Goldy obviously noticed, but didn't comment. Or move back. I leaned in. I was finally going to do it. I was finally going to kiss her.