Chapter 50 - Ryan

"GUYSSSS!" I heard Goldy and Ash yell in unison. "WHATTTT?" Tina replied from her spot next to me. "We're going to have a talent show!" Ash yelled down. My heart skipped a beat at her voice. I felt a grin slowly start to form on my face. "Meet you guys in the theater!" Tina yelled up. She then stood up and flung the door open. The girl turned around. "Think about it," She said with a glare, sending her green eyes flickering as if illuminated by jumping sparks. The door slammed shut. I emerged from the room a couple seconds later to see Goldy leaving Ash's room, eyes shining. My gaze swept over her and inspected the room behind her. "Ash already went downstairs, if that's what you're wondering," Goldy said. I smiled at her, and with a shouted "Thanks!" I ran down the stairs.

        "Hey Ash!" I yelled, seeing her brown hair tumbling around her shoulders. "Hey Ryan!" She replied with a beam that lit up her eyes. I smiled at her. "You ready for the show?" I asked. "I'll try!" She laughed. "I must warn you, I am very talented!" I told her. "You're driveling," She pointed out with a small smile. "No I am not! That is not nonsense!" I defended myself. "Yes it is," Ash's grin grew wider. "No!! I am immensely talented!"

"How do you fit through doors with that ego of yours?" Ash queried. "I have a perfectly normal sized ego!"

       Goldy laughed as she walked down the stairs. "Riiight," She said, accepting a high five from Ash. "Why am I being teamed up on?" I yelled, mock offended. "Because you're an idiot," Tina added. "I thought you went downstairs!" I exclaimed. "Yeah, But we were making fun of you, so I had to join in, obviously."  "Well it's the annual Make-Fun-Of-Ryan Hour, apparently!" I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at Ash.

       "It's quadannual." Goldy said. I noticed that her eyes had hardened, like molten gold abruptly solidifying. She swept down the stairs, Tina trailing after with a final glare at me.

        I smiled at Ash. "Well, what are you going to do?" I asked her. "You'll have to see, won't you?" "Tell me!!" "No way!" I raised my eyebrows. "Why?" "You'll steal my ideas!" "Yeah right! You just don't want me to outshine you." "Oh it's ON, Ryan! When I beat you, you're going to be so ashamed of yourself..."

         "I won't be ashamed when I win!"

         "You wish! You're on! Winner picks a game to play tomorrow?" Ash decided.

        "Deal! Prepare to lose, Ash!"

         "In your dreams, Cryin' Ryan."

          "We are NOT calling me Cryin' Ryan."

         "Well, now we are." "Please no." "Good try, Cryin' Ryan."

           "That wasn't a rhyme."

         "One, that wasn't the point. Two, shut up, Cryin' Ryan."

          "ASH!!!"

       Unbeknownst to any of us, someone's eyes flashed, and an item in their hands incinerated on the spot, singeing the skin.