Chapter 51 - Goldy

Ever hear the phrase "If you love someone, then you have to let them go"? It seems so easy... I thought to myself. I had barricaded myself in the props room temporarily. I couldn't let anyone see the tears that were tracing their way down my cheeks, or my red eyes. But of course, it's not. It never will be easy to let go of someone you love. Do I love Ryan? Maybe. I did. Do I still love him? Maybe if he weren't being an inconsiderate jerk, it would be easier to decide. Don't get me wrong, I know what he sees in her. I can see it, too. It's very obvious. "Goldy?" A voice yelled. My heart leapt. Ryan? The door swung open. Tina. I hastily dried my tears. "Hey, Tina! I was just, uh... thinking about what I was going to do for my act! Yep, totally!!" I stammered. Tina raised her eyebrows. "Reeeally?" She queried, cocking her head. "Not crying? Because your eyes look pretty red..." "NOPE! Definitely not crying, thank you." I looked down at my hands, ashamed. They were a dark red-pink, the after effects of flame in close proximity to my skin. Turned out that controlling flame did not mean flame resistant. At least, not yet.

        Briefly, I wondered if any of the others still had their potion-powers back. "Uhh... Goldy?" Tina asked hesitantly. "You there? Knock knock!" I smiled at her. "I'm here." I can't show them the powers. Not yet. "What are you doing for the show?" Tina questioned. "Uhh... I'll probably... sing?" I said haltingly. "You have a good voice," Tina complimented me. "What? How do you know?" Tina just laughed. "I have my ways..." "Creepy..." I teased her. "Goldy..." Tina said seriously. "If you ever want to talk about the idiot..." She started. "Which one?" "The Ryan-idiot. That species... anyways. If you want to talk about it, come to me." Tina smiled at me. Her eyes were pretty when she smiled, I noticed. They sparkled. I grinned back. "If I want to talk to you about the Ryan-idiot," I laughed. "The Ryan-idiot would probably be extinct by then." Tina giggled too. "Tina? Guys?" I heard a familiar voice call. "Ash and I are here!" Ryan. I felt a wave of jealousy rise up, that I quickly swallowed. It left a lump in my throat and my eyes stinging. "Goldy!" Tina hissed. "Your eyes are glowing red..." I gasped, and blinked a couple times. "Better. We will talk about it later..." Tina said, biting her lip. "We're over here! Coming now!"

         I felt a pang as Ryan's eyes swept over me, then Tina, and landed on Ash, who was standing next to him. And they were holding hands. I felt tears sting my eyes, and hastily blinked again, for fear of my eyes being red again. Let him go, Goldy. Let him go. Wait. Let him go? Do I love him? "Hey Ryan! Goldy and I were just talking about our act!" Ryan smiled. "Cool! Ash and I are having a contest, whoever does better gets to choose a game for tomorrow." I bit my lip, hard. The salty, bitter taste of blood filled my mouth. It sounded like something Ryan and I would do. Pre-Ash. The two walked off, talking excitedly. "I know what song I'm going to do." I said to Tina. She smiled.

         If you love someone, you have to let them go. Just let them go. But why, WHY don't they have advice for if you truly do not know?