Chapter 37 - Ryan

As you can probably guess, I have been at Sabre's house. His mom would prefer we didn't go to daycare in the time my dad was gone, so we stayed home. Sabre and I are dating now, not that you should care because you have Tina...  I read Sabre's text, dumbfounded. I had known that Sabre and Cookie had broken up, but now Sabre was with Goldy? I felt a burning wave of something rush through me. Was it... anger? Sorrow? I finally landed on the answer. Jealousy. I had to get Goldy back. I had to. I... I had feelings for her. I have feelings for her. Sabre couldn't have her now. I ran to the daycare early, sent a text to Tina that told her my plan, and waited by the door to see what would happen.

      "Welcome!!! To another day at daycare!!" Sabre and Goldy's voices sounded in synchrony. I felt another surge of jealousy. They are already perfectly synchronized! Goldy and Sabre walked into the daycare, hand in hand. Goldy suddenly tripped on one of Tina's perfectly placed tripwires, impossible to see. It seemed to anyone who didn't know that Sabre tripped her. Goldy fell to the ground with a little yelp. Sabre's eyes widened. He must have thought he did it. I felt a small pant of regret. This may not have been the best plan, but it was too late to go back now. I expected Goldy to yell at Sabre, but Sabre simply extended an elbow to her. "Shall we continue, m'lady?" The boy offered with a small grin and a strange accent. I felt a frown cross my face as Goldy grinned up at him and threaded her arm through his. "We shall, kind sir," The girl replied, a flush on her face. Sabre helped Goldy to her feet, and they strolled arm in arm up to the daycare room. I made sure to run up behind them after they had gotten to the daycare room. "Hey, Tony, Kat, Derp, Danny, Dave, Sal, Angel, Lizzy," Goldy was saying. Then, her voice grew colder as the girl's eyes raked over Tina, Cookie, and I. "Cookie, Tina, Ryan," Goldy acknowledged, then turned away.

       "Goldy, can I talk to you?" I asked her. Goldy turned to me. I thought I saw a flash of hope in her eyes, but I must have imagined it, because a mask of cool indifference replaced it. "Sure," The brunette replied casually. We walked upstairs and into my room. "So what did you want to talk about?" Goldy asked me. "You and Sabre... I... it's... well..." I struggled to get the words out. "I really like you. And it hurts to see you with him. But if he makes you happy, then I will stay out of the way," I told Goldy. The girl threw her arms around me. I hugged her back, a bit confused. "I have to tell you something," Goldy whispered. "Sabre and I aren't a thing. We both wanted to know if our... ah... significant other... truly cared about us. So we decided to pretend to date... and see what happened," She explained. I was kind of annoyed, but I found the whole situation kind of amusing. I laughed out loud. "Significant annoyance, in your case," I teased her. (Percy Jackson reference... let me know if you get it! :3   ) She replied with a smack to my upper arm. "Don't tell anyone. We need to see with Cookie," The girl whispered conspiratorially. I grinned at her. "No worries, and while we're telling annoying secrets... Sabre didn't trip you, that was kinda a trap Tina set to get you and Sabre apart!" I blurted. Goldy smacked me. "Rude," She said, but we walked back to he daycare room pretending to be only friends.