Chapter 42 - Goldy

A/N: PLOT TWIST!!! Sorry to my loyal readers... Guys, we're at 9k reads. What is this madness?? (It looks like a candy cane!!! Let me know if you get that reference)

      "Pfffffffft..." I heard Tina desperately try to muffle her laugh. "Seriously? This is NOT funny!!" Ryan protested. "Lighten up! You've been boring for a while. I figured scaring you and then beating you at a game would be fun!" I grinned. "Beating me??? At SkyWars?" Ryan asked, mock offended. "Oh yeah. Get ready, because I'm going to crush you!" I yelled. "Not if I crush you both first!" Tina laughed. "Dream on, guys!" Ryan frowned. "Actually I think that Derp's going to win." I smiled. "Derp?" Ryan asked skeptically. "Yeah. He's got the total (sorry I have to put a hunger games reference) Johanna vibe. Y'know, seem completely innocent, come from behind and stab us all?" I checked with them. Tina laughed. "Well, let's see. Game on!" She cheered.

I selected the "Knight" kit. "I'm playing offensive this time!" I yelled. "You'll never beat us! You can't have gotten that much better!" Ryan teased. "Oh yes I can!" I laughed as we fell into the arena. I immediately ran to a chest and searched it. I found an iron chestplate, and chain mail boots. Searching other chests, I found a bow and 16 arrows, leather pants, 12 snowballs, a bunch of stone and wood, and a knock back stick.

I hastily built toward the middle, and searched the chest there. I took the good stuff, and ended up with a Power III bow, a stack of arrows, a diamond chestplate, and iron leggings. "I'm ready for you guys!" I yelled to whoever was listening. "That's great! I'm not worried!" Tina yelled back. I grinned to myself.

Then I saw someone run to mid on a makeshift bridge. It was Tony. "Tony, get back there!" I yelled at him. Tony grinned at me. "No thanks!" He called. "Back or I'll kill you!" I retorted. "Try it!" Tony dared. I took out my bow and shot an arrow that almost knocked him off the edge. "Oh." Tony's eyes widened. "Look I know we're homies, but I won't hesitate to beat you!" I threatened. Tony pulled a diamond sword and ran at me. I resisted the urge to yell some colorful choices. Instead, I drew my gold, sharpness II sword. "Come at me, bro!" I hollered. I hit him a couple times, and it was clear I won. My armor was way better. I sifted through his items and took the diamond sword and iron boots. "Sorry man. I warned ya." I shrugged.

Ryan apparently had made quick work of Lizzy, Cookie, and Kat. "Oh no Ryan you have made an enemy with Tina!" I yelled. I saw Tina making her way over to Ryan, who was at the opposite side of the middle island. I watched him finish off Dave and Danny, who were tag-teaming him. "Hey Tina? Want to hang up on Ryan for now?" I asked her. "Sure!" Tina yelled to me. "No fair!" Ryan complained. "Die, murdering scum!" I yelled, running at Ryan. "You killed Tony!!!" He protested. "Yeah, but you killed Lizzy, Cookie, Kat, Dave, and Danny. And Tina killed everyone else." "Good point, but I'm trying to defend myself, could you not?" He queried. "No," I said, rolling my eyes. "I am offended." Ryan said, looking away. That gave Tina and I an opening to attack.

        "YAHH!" I yelled. Ryan whirled and stabbed me. "Ow..." I said sadly. Then I stabbed him, so the favor was returned. Tina and I finally got rid of Ryan, and I took some of his golden apples. "Ha ha, I'm going to eat your apples!" I yelled triumphantly. "Nooo my apples!" Ryan wailed. "Mwa ha. I'm evil." (Cough, like the author of this book, cough.) Tina grinned at me, and we high fived. "Okay do we need to kill each other now?" I asked. "Yeah," Tina said. "But you have waaaay better stuff than I do, sooo..." Tina finished the sentence by jumping off. Fireworks didn't go off. I looked around, confused. I saw Derp standing on his island, on a castle of dirt. I quickly started to run over there. I leapt to his island.... then slipped and fell of the edge. "Noooooo!" I yelled sadly. Now the fireworks went off. Around Derp. We got teleported back to the lobby. "Let's go home!" I said. "Everyone run into the portal in 3... 2... 1... GO!!" I yelled. "GOOOOOOO!"