Chapter 4 - Goldy

I ran into Unicorn's room, out of breath. Unicorn glanced up at me. "Hey Goldy! What took you so long to use the restrooms?" He asked. "Don't worry about it," I replied. "Anyways, I just showed Lizzy this game, do you want to see?" Unicorn queried. I glanced at Lizzy, who seemed to have a hint of jealousy in her eyes. I frowned to myself. "Nah," I replied. I was about to suggest something else when the door burst open. "Goldy! Unicorn! Lizzy! Let's goooooo! We're gonna play a game!" I grinned at Ryan, who was standing in the doorway. "A game? Let's go!" "Lizzy, are you coming?" Unicorn asked. Lizzy smiled at him, with the same smile I think I have when I talk to Ryan. "Totally! Let's do this! I bet I can beat you in any game we play, Unicorn!" Lizzy exclaimed. "We'll see about that!" Unicorn replied. "Come ON!" Ryan called, and dashed down the stairs.

I was about halfway down when I heard Tina call him "Cutie" again, and I frowned. However, a smile replaced it when I heard Ryan correct her. I held my breath, knowing what was coming next. "HmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" I heard. Unicorn, who was a couple steps below Lizzy and I, turned and winked at us. Then, he dashed down yelling: "My tea is ready! My tea is ready! Oh, wait. It's just Tina again. Darn it!" I shared a glance with Lizzy. As soon as our eyes met, we burst out in quiet giggles. I held a finger up to my lips, and we walked down the stairs.

I gazed at Ryan, who was restraining a giggle, but he was smiling, which made his eyes gleam. Then, he turned and I quickly averted my eyes, so he didn't notice me watching him. When my eyes wandered back to Ryan, he was still looking at me. When he saw me looking at him, he smirked at me. I blushed and looked away. Then I met eyes with Sabre. He was standing by Cookie, and they were... holding hands? Awww... I thought. How cute! Sabre sent me a grin. Thank god! Unlike Ryan, Sabre doesn't make anything awkward. Ryan jumped onto the daycare table, and everyone took their spots on couches and the floor. I hopped up next to Ryan, and, like normal, crouched on the edge of the table as Ryan talked. I tried to ignore Tina glaring at me. "Guys, I have an idea! Since we haven't been at the daycare for so long, we should play a game in the daycare. And I have the perfect one! Hide and seek!" Ryan exclaimed. Tina gasped, I think it was a happy gasp. Unicorn and Lizzy cheered. Sabre and Cookie whooped. "yEz!" Derp agreed. "Totally!" I exclaimed. "Ok! Who wants to be it? How about... Danny?" Ryan suggested. "Sure!" Danny agreed.

Tina sidled up to Ryan. "Want to hide together?" She asked, trying to muster her cutest voice. I frowned, feeling a twinge of jealousy. "Um... no offense Tina, but we haven't talked in a year. Am I supposed to go back to the way things were now?" Ryan asked. Tina frowned. "I don't have a phone! My daddo took it away! How was I SUPPOSED to message you?" She whined. "Geez, I dunno, Tina! Send me mail! A postcard, or something! Ask for your phone back. What the heck, you could've sent a bird with a message tied to it and I would've been happy!" Ryan's voice raised. "MmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMM" Tina teakettled. (Yes that's what I'm calling it.) "I'm sorry. I let my temper get away, but I don't really feel like hiding with you right now. Maybe when you've been back for more than an hour. Okay?" Ryan asked. "FINE!" Tina huffed. "Let's just get on with it." I tried to hide a satisfied smile. "Okay!" Danny called. "I'll count to 100! One! Two! Three..."