Chapter 41 - Ryan

The weight of Goldy's words crashed over me. "No chance he's going to pop out from playing hide and seek?" I managed. Goldy glared at me. "Seriously?" She asked. I looked for Tina, but she was gone. "Tina?" I yelled. "Angel... Lizzy... UnicornMann..." Goldy gasped. I looked around and realized that they were all gone. "What's happening?" I asked. "I don't know. Everyone, we need to stay together. We're going to check upstairs." Goldy spun and ran up the stairs. I quickly followed suit, the other kids behind me. Goldy was just disappearing into Tina's room. I hurried after her, only to slam into the girl as she flew back out of the room, eyes wild. "Not there," She managed. Room after room, to yield no kids. "Where are they?" Goldy looked like she was on the verge of hyperventilation. "Tina? Tony? Unicorn? Angel? Lizzy?" I called, uncertain. "Downstairs," I decided. Goldy nodded, and we rushed downstairs into the gallery. 

         "No one..." Goldy's voice trailed off. We flew through the rest of the daycare, checking the theater, restrooms, portal room, cafeteria, and outside. I frowned, confused. "Where could they be?" I wondered aloud. "People can't just disappear!" Goldy raised her eyebrows at me. "Ahem. Teleporting, respawning, etc. Do you need me to list the ways?" She asked. "Oh shut up," I grumbled. "This isn't the time for sarcasm." "Well then don't talk about stupid things!" She pointed out. "Whatever." I rolled my eyes. "DERP!" Goldy suddenly yelled, eyes wide. "Where's Derp!?!?" She yelled. "I don't know! We've checked everywhere! Where could they be??" Goldy gasped. "The knife squad base!" She said. We rushed over there, entered, but no luck. "Wait! Let's check the roof," Goldy breathed. I turned to look at her, but she was already off on her way. and I hurriedly followed. "GOLDY!" I yelled. I ran up the slide, and into the daycare. "Goldy? We can't split up!" I hollered. I looked over my shoulder for the other kids, but they were gone. "Pup? Kat? GUYS?" I called frantically.

        I ran up the stairs. "Hey? Goldy?" I asked. But she was nowhere to be seen. I ran up to the roof. "Goldy?" I stage-whispered. "Ryan!" I heard Goldy scream. She was by the portal. I hurled myself down the stairs, but I could tell it was going to be too late. "RYAN!" The girl yelled again. "Goldy, I'm coming!" I flew down the steps, and heard Goldy yell again, followed by a thud. "GOLDY!" I ran through the portal, letting the blackness envelop me. A couple seconds later, bright light infiltrated my eyes. "Ryan!" I heard Goldy yell. "Gol...dy?" I frowned. Someone was standing in front of me, grinning. As they started to come into focus, I felt a wave of confusion and anger. "WHY?" I demanded.