Chapter 45 - Ryan

I restrained myself from laughing as Ash nearly fell while walking down the stairs. "Smooth!" Sabre laughed. Ash's face turned pink as she joined him in laughter. I let myself laugh, too. "I see that this daycare will be a very dangerous place for me!" Ash said in a spooky tone. We started at the doors. "These are the doors," I told Ash. "NO! Really?" She asked sarcastically, turning to face me. Her green eyes sparkled as she tried not to laugh. "Really," I said, playing along. "It's where you enter and exit every day." 

         "Wait, if you didn't know about the doors, how did you get in here?" Sabre asked with a laugh. 

            Ash moved to look at him, and I wanted to yell at Sabre for taking her attention off of me. You have Cookie!  I thought furiously. 

              "So ya see, I jumped off the roof, did a triple back flip, threw a rock through a window, used my convenient grappling hook and latched onto the windowsill, and pulled myself through." Ash explained with a giggle. 

(The following does not actually happen...) "Come on, that only happens in books!" Ryan said, rolling his eyes. "STOP BREAKING THE FOURTH WALL, RYAN!!"

             Sabre snickered. "Wait, do we need to repair a window?" I asked, desperate to get her attention back. Ash laughed again. "Anyways..." Ash grinned, changing the subject. "That's UnicornMann's basement, we -" I began. "DON'T GO IN THERE!" Unicorn yelled from upstairs. "We can totally go in there later..." Sabre whispered. Ash smiled conspiratorially, causing her face to flush and her eyes to light up. "Anyways, that's the cafeteria, and those are the offices. Down there are the bathrooms." I pointed toward the hallway to the left.

               "Okay, up the stairs, we have the daycare room. There's a portal over here..." Sabre broke off to indicate it. "Then there's the gallery." "Ooh! Can I see!" Ash begged, flashing puppy dog eyes. "Alright!" Sabre smiled... was he looking a bit relieved?" We quickly walked through the gallery.

           On the way out, I almost wept from relief, since all of the pictures of Tina and I were taken down.

           We took Ash up the stairs, and showed her the passage to the roof. Then we walked her around the rooms. I showed the brunette where her room would be. We passed Goldy's room, then Tina's on the other side. I glanced in to see if I could spot either of them, but I couldn't "Ryan? You're spacing out, man." Ash snapped her fingers in front of my face. I smiled at her. 

             "Sabre! We forgot the theater!" I yelled suddenly. "Yeah, man. I can take Ash down there, and you can go see if Tina an-" I cut him off. "No! It's fine, I don't want to interrupt them and risk Tina's wrath. You can, though, if you want!" I thought I dropped a decent subtle hint, but Sabre apparently didn't process it. "Nonono, I'll stay with you guys!" He grinned at me. 

             "THERE'S A THEATER??" Ash yelled. "Yessss?" I said, slightly questioning. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm a voice actor, you know." She informed me. "Sounds cool!" I complimented her. We flew down the stairs, and reached the theater quickly. "Here's the theater," Sabre explained. "And here's the props room!" I yelled, throwing open the door. I saw a goofy hat, and put it on. Ash opened the door, and laughed when she saw me. "I have a hat," I stated solemnly. "I can see that!" She said, stepping closer. The brunette plucked the hat off of my head and placed it on her own. "Now I have a hat." I laughed. "MINE!" I yelled, stepping forward. "NO!" She grinned. I started to take another step, but halted. We were really close. I could just lean forward and kiss her...