Chapter I'm about to give up on numbers 33 - Ryan

"Aww, that was sappy," Tina told me. Goldy sent me a slight smile. "Oh, what's the first thing you remember?" Sabre asked Goldy. "Waking up in murder mystery with a bow," The girl replied. "You don't remember anything before that? Not anything a certain someone said to you?" Sabre asked with a sideways glance at me. "No, the first thing I remember someone telling me is Ryan telling me that we were in Murder Mystery." Goldy told him. "So you don't remember Ryan saying that he -" Sabre started. "Okay, that's great and all. Sabre, do me a favor and please be quiet," I interrupted. Sabre grinned at me. "Wait, should I -" Goldy asked. I cut her off, too. "Don't even ask," I warned her. 

        Suddenly, I noticed that we all still had our potion activated powers. It was strange, because it had been almost 20 minutes since we drank them. "Hey, guys, why don't we play a game with our special powers?" Cookie suggested. "What about hide and seek?" I asked with a grin. "I'm all for that, but Sabre has to start off being the seeker," Cookie said with a grin at her crush. Or, at least, where Sabre was standing, holding Goldy's stuffed sloth as a marker. "Good idea!" Tina exclaimed. Sabre dropped the sloth on the ground... probably. I heard him talk in my ear a second later. "Dude, what about your girlfriend? She doesn't have powers," Sabre whispered. My eyes widened. I had completely forgotten about the effect of Goldy's potion. "She's not my girlfriend," I hissed at Sabre. "Okay, man," The boy whispered doubtfully. I looked at Goldy. She was just looking at the ground. The girl was probably feeling left out and lonely. Sabre had returned to his spot with the sloth. It continued to look like it was floating in the air. 

         Suddenly, Tina's eyes narrowed. "What about Goldy?" The tiger girl challenged me. Goldy shot her a grateful smile. "I was just thinking about that," I told her. "Maybe Sabre can sneak down there and grab her one?" Cookie suggested. I smiled at her. "That's a smart idea!" I exclaimed. "Sabre, do you want to -" I started. But he had already dropped the sloth, and was somewhere downstairs. I heard the door to UnicornMann's basement slide open. It was the slightest sound, only someone listening for it would have noticed. "Get her a nice one!" I quietly called after him. "Okay!" The faint whisper barely traveled back up into my ears. Goldy stared after the chicken, and I swore I would give a million dollars to hear what she was thinking at the moment. The girl had been through a lot today. I casually put an arm around her shoulders. The girl sent me a teasing grin. 

     Sabre finally reentered the room. I could tell because a potion was floating in the air, and Sabre announced that he was back. The potion fell into Goldy's hands, and we finally got a good look at it. It was a clear color, but splashes of different colors were swirling around inside it. There was bright red, icy blue, dark blue, green, brown, purple, and an electric yellow. There were more, but I couldn't determine all of them. "Wow," I heard someone breathe. Judging by the sideways grin Tina sent me, and the smirk Goldy did, that someone was probably me. I stuck my tongue out at Goldy, and the girl laughed. I felt myself blush slightly. "Well, drink up," Sabre told her. Goldy sent me one more smirk, and then drank the potion.