Chapter 43 - Ryan

I stumbled out of the portal. "That was not funny!" I complained to Goldy. "Sorry man, it kind of was," She retorted. Muffled laughter came from Tina, who slapped a hand over her mouth. I glared at her. Goldy just raised her hand for a high five, and Tina obliged. "I feel attacked," I grumbled. "Good!" Goldy giggled, eyes glimmering with laughter. Goldy grinned at me. "Let's play a game! To the roof!" She yelled. "I'll beat you there!" I challenged. "In your dreams!" Goldy teased. "Let's see!" I said. "3... 2... 1... GO!" Tina yelled. As Goldy took off, I grabbed her arm. "No fair! That's cheating!" She hollered. I kissed her on the cheek and she froze. I took off. "Ha ha!" I yelled triumphantly. I heard her feet start thumping against the ground as she started running again. I shot up the stairs and turned toward the roof entrance. Goldy flew past me, flinging open the door and slamming it in my face. I shoved it open and started up the stairs, but Goldy was already at the top. "Cheater cheater!" Goldy laughed. "Winners never cheat, and cheaters never win!" Tina added as she joined us on the roof. Sabre grinned at us as he and Unicorn walked up.

              "Okay we're playing truth or dare! Dares are worth two blocks jump, truth is one block! Whoever finishes first, wins!" Goldy announced, gesturing at the parkour race ahead of us. "I call blue!" I yelled, jumping onto the blocks. Goldy took yellow, Tina green, Sabre white, and UnicornMann purple. Goldy was on the end, so she started. "Tina. Truth or dare!" Tina grinned. "Dare!!" She yelled. "I dare you... to... um..." Goldy trailed off. "To?" I prompted. "Okay!" Goldy yelled suddenly. "I dare you... to go out onto the road in front of the daycare, stop a random car, and tell them that their wheels are turning." (A/N: I've actually done this before, don't question me.) I laughed.

       We went into vanish as Tina ran up to the street. A red sports car went by. "Sir!" Tina yelled to the person in the drivers seat. "Excuse me sir!" The car stopped, and a man rolled down his window. "Yes, little miss?" He asked in a deep voice. "Sir, your car's wheels are turning!" Tina exclaimed. The driver looked bewildered, but obviously didn't want to question the little girl. "Thanks, hon'." He said, then rolled up the window and drove off. Goldy, Sabre, Unicorn, and I came out of vanish. Tina turned to us, face red from laughing. "That was soooo worth it!" She yelled.

      Tina hopped down on her wool blocks finally, and took two jumps forward. "Alright Ryan, truth or dare!" Tina asked me. "Dare me!" I challenged. "Okay. Call 7-Eleven and ask what their hours are!" Tina dared me. (A/N: I dared this to a friend it was hilarious...) "Done!" I grinned. I dialed the number. "Hello, 7-Eleven!" The voice said from the phone. "Hi, sir. I was wondering what your hours are. When do you open and close?" I queried. There was a silence. Then the guy hung up, while muttering: "Kids..." I stared at the phone in shock. "He hung up on me!" I declared. Goldy burst out laughing, followed by Sabre, Tina, and Unicorn. "How dare he!!" I frowned.

      I dared Goldy to call a random number and sing happy birthday. Goldy quickly punched in the numbers (that I am not telling you so you don't call this number.), and sang quickly. The person was silent. "Who is this?" They finally said. It sounded like a feminine voice. "I'm Goldy!" She said. "How did you know it was my birthday?" The person asked. We were all silent. "My mom told me, she works closely with you," Goldy fibbed. "Who is your mom?" The person asked. Goldy grabbed a tissue. "Ma'am, we're breaking up," Goldy said quietly, rubbing the tissue over the speaker. "Wait! Who is your mom?" The woman asked again. "Sorry miss, I can't hear you!" Goldy said quietly. "I said I thi-" Goldy cut herself off by hanging up. "Wow. I'm not sure if I'll ever trust Goldy again." Tina remarked.

     We dared each other for a bit longer, then headed downstairs. To our surprise, there was a girl I'd never seen before sitting where Tina usually sat. "Who are you?" I asked.