Chapter 30 - Goldy

I felt the last remains of the potion slip down my throat. I didn't feel any different. I examined my hands and arms. I wasn't invisible, but Sabre was. Ryan was running around super fast. Cookie was using - actually I didn't really know. I followed her gaze to a cookie that was hovering in the air and heading toward her. Telekinesis, I suppose. I looked at Tina, who was hovering in the air. I wondered if it were cold up there. Did she need a blanket? Should I give the girl a hug to keep her warm. Briefly, I reflected on where these feelings were coming from out of the blue, but I dismissed the thought. Tina met my eyes and grinned at me, causing my cheeks to heat up a bit. "What did your potion do?" The girl asked me. "I don't know," I replied.

       Finally, I dragged my gaze away from her green eyes and realized someone else was talking to me. "How do you feel?" Ryan asked me. "Fine," I replied. I did notice that Ryan was standing pretty close to me, so I edged away, toward the wall. And toward Tina, but hey, the closer the better. Ryan seemed to notice me back up, and his eyes flicked to Tina's. Then, he motioned at me. It looked like the boy had realized something about me, and was trying to tell Tina. Why? Did he not want me to like her? Anger swelled inside me, but I realized that it was an unnecessary feeling, and Tina might not like it. 

       "Oh no," Ryan said. "What?" I demanded. "Is there something wrong?" I asked, aware that anger was slipping into my voice. I didn't care. Ryan ran past me extremely fast, and whispered almost imperceptibly to Tina. It was a good thing I had extremely good hearing. "There's something wrong with her," I heard Ryan tell Tina. "There is NOTHING wrong with me!" I exclaimed angrily. "Tina, can we talk in the Gallery?" Ryan asked Tina. "Not without me," I told them. Tina's eyes widened, and she turned to Ryan. I felt a small pang of jealousy, but that was unnecessary as well. "No need, I know what's going on with her," She told him. "There is nothing wrong with me!" I protested again.

      Ryan met eyes with Tina, who nodded. "Let's go play a game," Ryan suggested. I glared at him, and crossed my arms. "I don't want to play a game!" I yelled. I want to be alone with Tina... "Woah!" Sabre exclaimed. "What's wrong, Goldy?" Cookie asked cautiously. "Nothing!" I said, annoyed. Tina turned to me. "If you play a game with me, you and I can be on a team," The girl offered. I felt the blush come back. "Fine. But only because Tina wants to, NOT because you do," I consented with a glare at Ryan. He flinched away away, as if my glare had burned him. I almost felt bad. But I was too angry at him. "Let's just go to the portal," I said moodily. 

       We started off. "So, Goldy... how do you feel about me?" Ryan asked me. "What should I feel? Annoyance?" I snapped. Ryan tried to resist a grin. The nerve of this kid. "No, something more romantic," He said, losing the battle against a smile. My eyes widened. "Ew, no," I told him harshly. "Who do you like that way then?" Ryan prodded. "Why should I tell you?" I asked. "Because I already know who it is, and I just want to confirm it," He told me. "Who, then?" I demanded. "Tina," Ryan said with a smirk. I felt my cheeks redden. "So what?" I asked. "So I was correct!" Ryan declared triumphantly. "Hey, Tina," The boy started. I smacked him. My knuckles stung from the impact. "Shut up," I told him quietly. Ryan stared at me. Tina looked back at him. "You know, teasing Goldy is not going to get her to like you again," Tina told Ryan. "Again? What again? I have never liked Ryan in that way!" I protested firmly. Tina sent me a look, filled with an emotion that I couldn't name. Confusion? No. Exasperation? No. I really couldn't tell. "Let's go through the portal!" I exclaimed, forcing an excited voice. "3... 2... 1..." Ryan started. "GO!"