Chapter 28 - Goldy

"Let's go back to the daycare," I suggested. Ryan grinned at me. "Sure!" He exclaimed. Then, he lowered his voice. "We can play in UnicornMann's basement." Ryan grinned. "Nice. We'll run there once we get to the daycare." I whispered back. "Ok, let's run into that wall in 3... 2... 1..." I called. "GO!" We all yelled. 

         "WooAAAAH!" We all screamed except for Sabre. He just said: "Yippee..." flatly. I winked at Ryan, and we ran down to UnicornMann's basement. "Where - where are you guys going?" Unicorn yelled. "Don't worry about it!" Ryan called to him. "I'm definitely worrying!" Unicorn exclaimed. I could hear him running after us. I shoved open the door, and we ran down the stairs. "Get back here!" Unicorn threatened. I pulled Ryan to the right, into the doorway and up the stairs. "Ooh, potions," I said. I reached out and grabbed a couple. I shoved them into my pocket. Ryan looked at me. "That... might not be the best idea..." He started. "Whatever, it's always turned out okay before," I pointed out. "I guess..." Ryan said reluctantly. "Quickly, back upstairs, to the daycare room," I whispered. 

       We dashed out into the hallway, and ran up the opposite set of stairs that Unicorn was coming down. Unfortunately, we were wrong. Unicorn slammed into us as he ran down the stairs. "Oh, hey! We decided that we didn't want to play with your stuff, so we were just heading out!" I fibbed quickly. The kid looked at me doubtfully, but I smiled innocently and he yielded. "Okay..." UnicornMann said. I ran past him, with Ryan on my heels. We broke out through the doors, and ran up the stairs to the daycare room. "You guys have fun, I have superhero work to do," Unicorn called after us. I sighed in relief. Then, I looked up at the daycare kids. Lizzy wasn't there, thank goodness. She would definitely rat us out to UnicornMann. I grinned at them. "Look what I have," I said, pulling out the potions. I laid them down on the daycare table. There was a lavender, orange, blue, white, and pink one. "Who wants one?" I asked them. 

       Tina smiled at me, and grabbed the orange one, and Ryan went for the blue. Sabre got the white, and Cookie took the lavender. That left me with the pink. "Come on, guys, I don't want the pink!" I protested. "But you have the pink," Tina pointed out. "Please?" I begged. "I have an idea," Cookie said. "We'll have a competition. Whoever loses gets the pink potion." Cookie grinned. "What game?" I asked. "A scavenger hunt," Cookie said. "You each need to find 5 things: A pencil, a cookie, a fork, a sloth stuffed animal, and a chair. You can't take things from magic mode, though." Cookie spread her hands. "3, 2, 1, go! Go find the items, or you get the pink!" The girl exclaimed. We stared at her for a couple seconds. Then ran.