Chapter 58 - Ryan

"Are you crazy?" Sabre yelled. "That's very debatable," Goldy retorted. "I'm dead and possibly crazy but if you would FOCUS, we can -" There was a slight yell and Goldy's form blurred, pixelating and spreading. "Goldy?!?" Tina yelped, surprise and fear obvious in her voice. "69:]f¥301•<{/:f{*d"48#1)e9)€]?-10?$¥d_95b€#c&7!*>£jgfgggggggguys I think something's wronggggdhj&:$/8*(be8!=dd3(;=." Goldy's voice came out mixed with a ton of gibberish. "Goldy, hang on!" Janet exclaimed, then ran to grab a bucket of water from magic mode. She approached the table where Goldy was still lying, inanimate, and splashed it down on her, water flying everywhere. "]1|*£d{d4b8"#bfjkhttthanks! That worked, thanks Janet." Goldy's voice cleared and she smiled brightly. "We need to go though. Now." "Are you serious? We need to get you to a hospital!" Sabre exclaimed. "No. No, we do not. Now come on or I'll bring you myself." Goldy glared. Sabre was silent. "Okay, fine." "Every single one of you is insane," Luke said matter-of-factly. "Probably," Goldy agreed. "We're going to the hospital now." Luke strode over to Goldy's body and lifted it. "Well, let me just put this away," He said, putting it into his inventory. Goldy yelled furiously. "Hey!" She protested. "We have to go. I'm getting an ambulance and you are going to the hospital." Luke strode out of the room.

Goldy groaned. "Guys, I'm going to have to do some mild light manipulation to him. We can't go to the hospital. That's what he expects." I nodded. Janet, Peter, and Ash looked a bit worried, but sighed in agreement.  "Now follow me." We walked out of the room and Tina called an Uber. It pulled up and we all got in. We sat their awkwardly as the driver pulled up the divider and ignored us. "It's a good thing we're going to the hospital," Luke said when the window went up. I started - we weren't going there. "How did you manage to convince Holo-Goldy to stay back at the daycare?" He continued. Goldy snickered. We stared at her for a couple seconds. "Well - we didn't exactly convince her..." Tina said, obviously attempting to buy some time. "What did you do?" He asked. "Uh- we took her down to the basement! And zapped her with Unicorn's Power-Blocker. It - uh, temporarily removed her ability to control the elements and so - uh, she couldn't control air and light so she couldn't communicate!" Tina said awkwardly. "Here, I'll make it more realistic," Goldy whispered. Suddenly, there was a flicker of gold in the air, and Luke started. Obviously he could see it, sparking and whirling in the reality. "c+?d£;*€039|+4fuaaopgkjhhhelp!" Goldy's voice echoed from the light, then it died out and the spark disappeared. "Woah, weird much?" Luke muttered. I resisted the urge to punch him. "You're the one who put my dead body in your inventory..." Goldy growled. "By the way, when are you going to show him the truth?" Tina asked under her breath. "Uh - good question. Now?" Goldy's form dispersed for a moment, then flickered back into reality. "Surprise, idiots. We're not going to the hospital." She looked at us, and for all but Luke, her message was clear. Pretend you didn't know.

Life was all about pretending now, apparently.