Chapter 27 - Ryan

I stared at Goldy. She just grinned at me and slid off the dragon's back. "Um... yeah. I saw an opening and I took it. I'm sorry, I just -" I cut her off. "That was brilliant! Why would you be sorry?" I asked with a grin. "Yeah, that was crazy! Crazy brave, crazy smart, and crazy!" Tina joked. UnicornMann raised his hand for a high five, and Goldy gave him one. "Yeah, that was pretty incredible," Sabre told her. 

        The dragon suddenly disappeared, and in its place was a chest plate. It was a Dragon Scale chest plate, on of the rarest ones in the game. It gave you lots of extra health. We all stared at it. "Well, who should get it?" Tina questioned. I grinned at her. "Well, it's kinda obvious, isn't it?" I asked Tina. Tina smiled sheepishly. "True," She agreed. Sabre walked up to Goldy. "Are you going to get it?" He asked her. Goldy turned and smiled at him. "Nah," She said. 

     I was shocked. "Why?" I queried. "I played for a while offline, and I got a Dark Dragonscale chest plate. An orc dropped it." Goldy admitted. "Oh, so that's the black thing you're wearing! No wonder you want that, instead of this!" I exclaimed, gesturing at the armor in front of us. "Yep. Well, who wants the chest plate then?" She asked. We all looked at each other. 

        "What about our brave leader, Ryan? Maybe then he won't be susceptible to surprise attack by cudgel," Sabre suggested teasingly. I glared at him. "I agree, we can't have our guild leader dying at any second," Tina said. "That's probably smart," Unicorn agreed. I didn't know who to glare at now. "Well, Ryan, go get it," Goldy told me. "Are you guys sure?" I asked. "Would we offer if we weren't sure?" Goldy pointed out. "Very true," I said with a grin. I walked over to where the dragon lay and picked up the armor. A pop up appeared as soon as I picked it up. I read some of the details. It was an obsidian color. It was light and flexible, but it was one of the best armors in the game. It was made of dragon scales, so it was smooth and durable. "Ok, cool," I said, and closed the pop up. 

     A black vortex appeared next to where I stood. It started to suck me in, and my friends were dragged toward it as well. Goldy, who was the lightest of us all, got pulled into it first, and disappeared. "Help!" I heard her yell from next to me. Quickly, I ran into the vortex. "Help, it's terrifying here!" Goldy yelped. The blackness faded after a couple seconds, and I landed... in the middle of the town. 

       "Help me!" Goldy repeated. She was standing in front of me, stifling a laugh. "Soooo spooky," I declared sarcastically. Goldy just grinned at me. Sabre fell down from the sky right between us. "Oh, hey guys," He said casually. Sabre stood up and brushed himself off. Suddenly, we heard "Wooaah!" UnicornMann was falling from the sky. Sabre jumped out of the way. Unicorn hit the ground with a loud thud. "Ouch..." He grumbled. Then, Tina fell out of the sky right onto UnicornMann. "You okay, Unicorn?" Tina asked, holding back a laugh. "That was probably enough Grottos and Goblins for today," Goldy said. Then, her character zoomed off the screen. Tina and Sabre followed suit. UnicornMann and I were the only ones left. Unicorn grinned, and vanished too. I took one more loook around the town, and removed my headset.