Chapter 15 - Ryan

With a gulp, I ran after Goldy. To be honest, I still couldn't believe that Goldy was going to face Tina, even though Goldy was so scared of her. I guess she really had changed. Finally, Goldy arrived next to Tina, who was sitting with Danny and Angel. "Hi, Tina," She started. "Hi, Ryan!" Tina said, spotting me. "Hi, Goldy," she snarled. "Tina, I wanted to talk to you. I don't want to be your enemy," Goldy said. "Huh? I think I hear something. Do you hear that Ryan?" Tina asked. Goldy closed her eyes eloquently, and somehow kept her voice level and calm. "Tina, I know you don't like me much, and you never have. But look, maybe we could just try being friends?" Goldy suggested. Tina glared at her. "Goldy, we have never been friends, I have always hated you, and NOW you steal MY boy, and you want to be FRIENDS?" Tina yelled. 

         I opened my mouth to say something, but Goldy interrupted me. "I didn't steal him, and nobody can 'claim' him. Ryan's his own person." Goldy told her. "That's what someone who's scared that their crush will get stolen say! At least I'm not a flirt!" Tina shoots at her. "I don't need to flirt when I have my endearing awkwardness!" Goldy joked, switching tactics. I restrained a giggle. "You think it's endearing, but nothing about you or your looks are endearing!" Tina yelled. "Ugly or not, and most likely not, at least I have a nice heart!" Goldy shot. "At least I'm not tiny like you!" Tina yelled. She was really trying to insult Goldy hard. I thought about helping Goldy, but I saw that she could defend herself. 

      "Really? Way to spot the obvious, Einstein! And just for the record, it's not short, it's concentrated awesomeness," Goldy pointed out. "You're a clumsy loser!" Tina shouted, but she was running out of insults. "Hey, it takes skill to trip over flat surfaces! And wow, I've always wondered who was in charge of sorting out the losers from the cool ones." Goldy defended herself jokingly. Tina sighed. "I already have issues with my friends talking to me too much, now I have idiots talking to me too?" Goldy's eyes became stormy and annoyed. "It must be because you're so approachable. You know, like a bed of nails." Goldy hissed. "Ooh, looks like someone's being a drama queen..." Tina sang. Goldy took a deep breath, and went back to joking. "No matter how fast you run, you'll never get away from my drama!" She teased. 

       Tina glared at her, and sighed. "Listen, Goldy, it's not that I ever wanted for us to be enemies. It's just that I didn't want you to steal Ryan from me. And now you have. I... I've always really been... jealous of you," Tina admitted. Goldy looked shocked. "Why would you be jealous of me?" She asked. Tina looked at her incredulously. "Well, you're pretty, you're funny, we've seen that you're athletic, and you somehow can make almost everyone like you," Tina explained. Goldy blushed. "Well, you're cool, scary, athletic, pretty, and most amazingly - tall," Goldy told her.  Tina laughed. I stared at the two girls in shock. They were finally getting along. I grinned. "How about we go back to the daycare?" I suggested. "Okay!" Goldy and Tina said in unison. "Okay, everybody! Run toward the water in 3... 2... 1..." "GO!" Everyone shouted.