Chapter 47 - Goldy

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" We yelled, tumbling into the game. I looked around. "Ohhhh this hide and seek!" I grinned. "Yeah, which one did you think?" Cassi laughed. Words flashed in front of my eyes. "'You are a hider'," I read aloud. "YOOOO IMA GET YOU!" Tina yelled. I looked down at myself, and I saw that I was disguised as a blue dinosaur NPC. I immediately started moving around. I crouch-walked around a wall slowly. I saw Angel run past me, looking around suspiciously. Moving into the main room, the dance floor was almost empty. Naturally, I went up and started dancing on it. Just then, I saw the DJ NPC walking around the floor. Joining his posse of NPC's around him, I started to complete the objective. I finished it just as Tina ran over and looked closely at us. "Nope, bye!" I yelled, breaking off from the group. "GOLDY!!!! Get back here!" She yelled, chasing after me. I took a sharp turn and switched NPCs before Tina came in.

       I walked past the tiger-girl, crouching, as she came in. "Oh no. Oh no!" I hear Cassi yell. "Cassi?" I call. "Do you need help?"

      "Cookie no! I thought we were friends!"

       "Ha-ha! Cassi..."

      There was a pause, then Cassi sighed in relief. Words flashed on my screen. "2/5 objectives completed," I read aloud. "Yes!" Cassi cheered. "Our teammates rock!" I agreed.

       Soon, 3/5 then 4/5 objectives were finished. Cassi, someone else, and I were the only hiders left. I saw an astronaut NPC standing suspiciously by an objective, and Cookie and Tina were entering the room. Cookie broke off, turning into a corridor, but Tina headed for the astronaut. She pulled out a sword. As she was about to swing, I lunged in front of the NPC. "Goldy!" Cassi shrieked. "Or maybe the other guy!" At the last second, I switched to a different body. Tina hit the old NPC, a snowman. At that moment, the NPC I assumed was Cassi, completed the objective. "5/5 Objectives Completed. Hiders win." The screen read.

       The brief excitement coming from playing a game was starting to fade. My heart started to hurt again.

       I was a Seeker next round. It was harder than it looked. It didn't help that my heart wasn't in it. My mind kept wandering to Ryan and Ash. Tina seemed to pick up on my mood. "If he doesn't notice what he's losing, he doesn't deserve you," She told me.

       How can people say this, without considering what I deserve?
      I see Ryan, kissing me at the beach. I see him smiling and swearing he won't let Tina hurt me.
        How can I go on like this, pretending not to care when I do?
      I see myself yelling at Ryan, telling him we can't be together. That it wasn't up to us.

    I see him telling me that we can be together if we want...

      Why... why do I love you, then try so hard to forget you... when you don't even care?