Chapter 19 - Ryan

This time overlaps with some of Goldy's chapter, so you guys know what happened.

      I put down my phone after texting Goldy. With a slight smile, I got to work on Goldy's surprise. It would be a little heart cutout with a poem on it. I started thinking. Maybe something about her eyes, or her smile. I bit my lip. Maybe I should just go to the daycare and surprise her with the chocolates I bought the other day.  I thought. I ran downstairs. "Hey, Mom? Forget me going late, I'm going to head over now," I told my mom. "Got it, be safe, Ryan!" She replied. I sent her my most innocent smile. "What do you think we do at this daycare?" I asked her. My mom smiled at me. "True. Have fun!" She told me. "Okay!" Then, I ran out the door, chocolates tucked safely in my backpack.

      I ran past a grove of trees by the sidewalk. It was the middle of Autumn, so the trees were all vibrant shades of yellow, red, and gold, like Goldy's eyes. Finally, the daycare started to come into view. I sprinted toward the building even faster. "Wel-" But I got cut off before I finished the introduction. "Hello, Ryan," I heard. A sharp pain raced through the back of my head. My world started to swirl into blackness. I looked up, trying to make out the person through the blurriness. I expected to see the blazing green eyes of Tina, because she would do something like this. But it wasn't her.
It was probably the last person I would've expected. "Why..." I choked out. The person just smirked mysteriously. My world finally plummeted into full black, and I couldn't think of anything else.

       Light infiltrated my vision. I blinked. The world came rushing back to me. I slowly became aware of the fact that I was sitting in a chair, and there was a window beside me. I could see the daycare through it. I slid my phone out of my pocket and covertly hid it beneath my right leg. The kidnapper walked forward. His face was now covered, but I knew who it was. "What is the point of this?" I asked, outraged. They just smiled at me tauntingly. "Don't even try to make a sound. No one can hear you, they're all in the daycare, playing hide and seek. About at this time, Tina and Goldy should realize that you were later than you intended to be in the first place. I suggested the game myself. Goldy just happened to get there in time, right before I came out to get you. She never even saw me. Now, we need to get down to business." The kidnapper said in a low voice.

      "Yes, we do. What was the point of doing this?" I asked furiously. "They'll notice I'm gone." I informed him. He just smiled. "That's the point of hide and seek. They stay in the daycare. They'll never know I'm out here... or you are. Now, give me your phone. We can't have you contacting anyone." I frowned convincingly, patting my pockets. "Hmm... I... where is that thing?" I wondered aloud. I made a whole show of patting myself down. "I must have left it at home." I announced. "All the better. Now-" It was my turn to cut him off. "Why did you kidnap me? What's the point?" I quickly set myself to magic mode, secretly. They just smiled. "I can't let you have Goldy. She's mine." "We've been over this. She's not yours!" I yelled.

Who do you guys think the kidnapper is? I don't know if I made it obvious, but hopefully you watch Goldy's life... that's your hint!