Chapter 54 - Ryan AND Goldy

A/N: This is me.

Anyways sorry guys and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Ryan's POV
I stared after Goldy as she ran out of the room, her words bouncing around inside my head. "Write their own story..." Tina was out of her chair, Ash and I right behind her. I needed to ask Goldy why she decided to tell the story. I was at the door when a scream broke through the air, piercing, loud, and full of fear. "GOLDY!!" The words were torn from my throat unconsciously. I stepped out into the opening, and saw Goldy and about a thousand more people out there. And standing amidst them all was a man. He had a forest-green shirt and piercing blue eyes. "Goldy... you've evaded me for very long!" The man shook his head. "I'm afraid that... I found you." He motioned with his hand, and the people charged, drawing gleaming swords and daggers. "GUYS! Get OUT of here!!!" Goldy yelled. "They came for me! You can escape! GO!!" Ash shook her head. "I'm not leaving you!!" Tina yelled. "Neither am I!" Ash agreed. I nodded wordlessly. The man sighed. "Leave no survivors." He ordered. Tina took out a lightsaber, and Ash pulled dual katanas. Sabre emerged from the theater along with Unicorn. The chicken pulled a large sword and UnicornMann brandished a potion and a crossbow. "We'll see about that." I said. With that, I drew out two daggers, enchanted so that the stabbed couldn't respawn. "Kids! LET'S GO!"

Goldy's POV
I tell them to leave, and they stay. I admire their loyalty, but now we are all going to die. You would think that once in their lives they would listen to me, but noooo. Why would they do that? Commendable? Yes. Brave? Yes. Idiotic and foolhardy? Certainly. I drew out my lightsaber and started swinging at the encroaching villains. I stabbed at one and swung at another, letting out a yell as a gleaming cut opened on my shoulder. I was fighting for my life. For Tina's, Ash's, Sabre's, Unicorn's, and Ryan's. I could only hope that the other daycare kids had escaped. If they hadn't... then that was a problem for later. I buried my lightsaber in the culprit with a dagger. Then a man dressed in black knocked the weapon out of my hands and crushed it. I cursed inwardly, and drew a sword. I glanced at the others. They were fighting hard, but we were barely making a dent in their numbers. I saw Tina stumble, then fall so I couldn't see her amidst the crowd. Ash was backed against the wall. Sabre and Unicorn were fighting together, back to back, but were slowly being forced to a corner. Unicorn's crossbow lay, cast aside, out of arrows, and the boy in question was hurling potions. Sabre was fighting hard, but as I watched, a diamond sword met his, and the chicken boy's sword shattered. One of Ryan's daggers were lodged in a wall, and the other was embedded in - I almost threw up - a corpse. KEEP FIGHTING, GOLDY! I screamed as my sword was flung aside. I used the last weapon at my disposal. I love you, Tina. Sabre. Unicorn. Ash... Ryan. And then I let go.

Ryan's POV
Goldy's eyes flashed red. I gasped, remembering Ash's comments. They stayed that way, burning from inside, replacing her normal sparking golden color. The girl's hands were blazing, and she let out a fearsome yell. "You DO NOT MESS with my FRIENDS!!" Goldy screamed. A ring of fire exploded from somewhere inside her, terrifying glory incinerating everything in its path. I braced myself for its impact. However, it parted around me and left me completely unharmed. It happened the same for Tina, Ash, Unicorn, and Sabre. We were safe. Saved. I stared at Goldy, who was glowing with a red-orange hue. The flames surged back into her, and she gasped. Her eyes faded back to the gold that I knew... and loved. "R-Ryan..." The girl said, reaching out towards me. That's when it happened. A sword. Silver with a purple glow. It buried itself in Goldy's back, piercing through until we could see its pointed tip extended from the front of her chest. The girl's eyes flew open, and her mouth formed an "O" of surprise. Like she had found something exciting but mildly confusing. Like an unexpected present from a loved one, or some money on her doorstep. Something harmless. Tina fell to the ground without a sound, tears streaming from her eyes. I knew that she had recognized the odd glow that the sword had. "An enchantment of Permanence. She won't respawn." The blue-eyed man said. "Enjoy explaining this to her parents!" My vision tunneled on Goldy as she slumped to the floor. "Don't leave me," I pleaded, frozen from where I stood. "I w-won't. I promise." She coughed. "I'm afraid she will have to," The man said nonchalantly. Goldy collapsed onto her back. "Ryan..." She whispered. "I... I (DON'T FEEL SO GOOD)" I turned my gaze to the man, and advanced, pulling my Permanence dagger from the wall. I brought my arm back to strike, to make him pay. The dagger came down. And the man vanished in a plume of smoke.

I surveyed the wreckage around me. Tina had dragged herself to Goldy's side, and was holding her, sobbing quietly. Ash was staring, hollow-eyed, at the destruction. Sabre and Unicorn were sitting next to Goldy, eyes filled with tears. "Goldy. Don't leave me..." I whispered, reaching the girl's side. "I promise..." She whispered, then leaned back with a small gasp. Unconscious... or dead. Either way, the shadow of a girl lay before me. A girl that laughed, and smiled, and cried, too. The memory of a girl that yelled "You can't catch me!" As she fled with a light laugh. And she lay there, frozen in time, a girl that I would never get back again.

Ok some people think that the book is over here. Just so you know, it isn't. I'm not actually that mean.