Chapter 46 - Goldy

This... is going to be weird... it's taking place at the same time as Ryan was showing Ash around the daycare, so the next chapter will be from Goldy's point of view as well, then back to the normal switch between chapters.

         "In. Now." Tina said, pulling open the doors to her room. "Ooookay..." I said, flinging myself down on the couch. Tina took a seat next to me. 

          "Alright, slingshot squad girls, let's get in formation!" She yelled. Cassi, Cookie, Kat, Lizzy, Angel, and Derp stepped out of the shadows. "Uh... what is Derp doing here?" I asked. "He's not a girl!" "Wha- Derp! I asked for the girls!" Tina rolled her eyes. "Please go back to the daycare room..." She said. "aWWww... oKAy tHeNz" Derp said. 

           I raised an eyebrow at Tina as Derp exited. "By the way, what did you bring me here for? You just said we had a 'girl chat', no specifics." I queried. "Well, you know that new girl, Ash?" Tina started. 

              "Yeah... what about her?" I asked, ignoring the tugging feeling in my stomach.

           "Come on!" Tina yelled. "You saw Ryan's face! I saw your face when you saw it! For a brief second, you looked like you swallowed a barrel of lemons! Although, I admit, it was pretty impressive how quickly you disguised your emotions." Tina conceded.

        It was that obvious?  "Well, he's just trying to be welcoming!" I lied. It was so much more than that... A small voice inside my head claimed. "SHUT UP GOLDY!" I yelled. 

         "Uhhh... Goldy? Are you okay?" Tina asked. "YOU HEARD NOTHING!" I forced a laugh. "Alright... anyways, you think that was 'just welcoming'? She queried. 

         I felt my face heat up. "Yeah...?" I said. "Is that a question or an answer?" Tina smiled wryly. 

         "Exactly!" Cookie put it. "We all saw Ryan's face. He was being an inconsiderate *insert whatever you want here*. He has a girlfriend, but he doesn't seem to remember that!" Cookie looked worried.

          "What about Sabre?" Angel asked. Cookie blushed. "He was only doing that for Goldy, like the friend he is. He loves me, and only went to make sure that nothing happened." She explained. 

           So Sabre's actually a good boyfriend.  I thought. Looks like I got screwed over on the whole "boyfriends" dealio.  "Follow me," Tina interrupted. She threw me a potion. "I got it from UnicornMann... better than he seems..." 

           Lizzy grinned at Tina. "'Better than he seems'?" She asked. "Hope you're not trying to steal him from Lizzy!" Kat joked. "Coming from the girl who's essentially dating my brother, you should know the type of person I like!" Tina fired back.

           "Anyways, it's an invisibility potion. We're going to take it, go to the portal, and sneak out without being noticed. We'll talk about things where people can't listen in, and we can play a game to lift our spirits. We'll play hide and seek!" Cassi explained for Tina. 

           "Alright! Let's go play!" I said, feeling better already. I drained the potion down, and a tingling feeling spread over my body. When I looked down, I couldn't see myself. I grabbed Tina's and Cassi's hands, then they grabbed the other's hands, then downed their potions.

      I stepped outside of Tina's room, and the doors shut a couple seconds later. I suddenly froze, keeping the others from moving and keeping us against the wall. Ryan, Ash, and Sabre were were walking this way from near my room. Ryan glanced toward Tina's room, but quickly looked away as Ash snapped her fingers in front of his face. "Ryan? You're spacing out, man." The girl said. Ryan smiled at her, a sappy smile that I had never seen him use. 

        Sabre sidestepped, and slammed into me. His eyes widened. "Sabre! It's me, Goldy. Don't worry, okay? We're just going to the portal!" I whispered quickly into his ear. Sabre quickly started talking. "Yeah, man. I can take Ash down there, and you can go see if Tina an-" "No!" Ryan hastily declined. "It's fine, I don't want to interrupt them and risk Tina's wrath," Tina giggled in my ear at this. "You can, though, if you want!" Ryan said the words lightly, but he slightly widened his eyes. 

        I felt a stabbing pain all the way to my heart. Ryan was trying to ditch Sabre so that he could be alone with Ash. I wanted Sabre to intervene, almost more than I had ever wanted anything. "Nonono, I'll stay with you guys." I let out a silent sigh of relief. Thank you, Sabre!!  

       Tina quickly pulled us away, down the stairs and towards the portal. I heard Ryan and Ash laughing. That was the last thing I heard as I wiped away a tear, and Tina pulled us all into the portal.