Chapter 14 - Goldy

"I need to talk to you about something," Dave told me. "Yeah?" I asked, confused. "I overheard Tina, Danny, and Angel in the daycare during hide and infection. They were talking about a way to make Ryan jealous. I think this is it. I had to tell you. But please don't tell them that I heard," Dave pleaded. "Of course not!" I said. I felt a gaze burning into my back. I knew instinctively that it was Ryan watching me, but I didn't turn to see him. "Can you tell this to Ryan?" I asked. "Yeah, I was going to tell him next," Dave said. "I'll get him." I walked off. "Ryan, I need you to come with me," I said to Ryan. Ryan frowned, but followed me. "Listen, I know I was a bit rude earlier, and I'm sorry, but there's something I need you to hear. Yes, I used to be jealous of Tina, before I was dating Unicorn and I liked you. But I'm not jealous now, because I know I like you, and I know you like me. I think you'll want to hear this." Ryan smiled at me, and said: "A-ha! I knew you liked me!" "Oh, shut up," I said.

I took Ryan to Dave, who explained everything. Ryan turned to look at me, eyes wide. "This is going to be an issue," He whispered. "Tell me about it," I replied. "What do we do?" I queried. "I don't know," He answered. "But you know what I do know? I like you, and somehow, we can get through this. Through this together." I smiled at Ryan. "Okay, that was sweet," I said. Then I kissed him, on the lips. Then I pulled back. "That was a make-up for before Unicorn came." I told him. Then I smacked him. "That's for being a jerk before." Ryan looked at me, and burst out laughing, and I couldn't help it. I laughed too. Dave cleared his throat. "I'm still here." He said. I felt my face turn red. Dave grinned at my reaction. "Don't worry. I won't tell Tina if you won't." "Thank you," I said. Dave left.

Leaving me alone with Ryan.

Who I had just kissed

And slapped. Shouldn't forget about that.

I smiled at Ryan, who's face had turned a bright red. "Maybe we should talk to Tina," I suggested. "Oh, and by the way, yes," I finished. "Um... yes to what?" Ryan asked. "Yes to everything. To the date. To the kiss. To... you," I told him. Ryan blushed more, which I had previously thought was impossible. I kissed him on the cheek, smirked at him, and walked off toward Tina. "You coming?" I called over my shoulder.