Chapter 26 - Goldy

I nudged my bow further down into my backpack, silently thanking that I had shoved it in before entering the room. The orc glowered at us. "Put down your weapons," It grumbled. Unicorn looked at him resentfully before putting his Super Piccolo on the ground in front of him. Tina regretfully dropped her sword on the floor and kicked it away. Sabre glanced at me. I nodded reluctantly, and he lay his bow down, quiver of arrows beside it. They all looked at me. "Violet," I mouthed. The trio nodded. Shh...  It meant. Don't speak of my weapon. The orc glowered at me. "What about you, little girl?" It asked. My mind raced. "I'm a martial artist," I lied. The orc looked at me doubtfully. "All I need are my hands and feet to take down monsters," I bluffed. Suddenly, I wondered how I had gotten so good at lying. 

      The orc finally tore his gaze away from me. "Now, give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill your friend right now," It commanded us. I hesitated, thinking hard. Suddenly a plan came to me, as suddenly and unexpectedly as the one on the hill. "I have a reason," I exclaimed. The orc turned to me. In a swift motion, I pulled the bow from my backpack, an arrow from my quiver, and nocked the arrow. Quickly, I pulled back the arrow, aimed, and let go with no remorse. The arrow spiraled through the air, finally hitting the orc right in the chest. It stared at me, then collapsed to the ground. It disappeared. I stifled a grin. "That's your reason," I told the air where it had stood.

         Ryan stood up uncertainly, and brushed himself off. I grinned at him. "How'd I do?" I asked him. Ryan grinned right back. "On a scale of one to ten... I'd say 50. Nice thinking!" He complimented me. I felt myself blush in real life, and was grateful that it wouldn't show up in the game. "Well then, let's stop standing around and let's finish the invasion!" I called. Everyone cheered. Pride swelled up in my chest. Ryan and Tina yanked open the doors into the next room. I nocked 3 arrows in my bow. A couple orcs, goblins, witches, and dark dwarfs occupied the room. Releasing my arrows, I watched as they took down a dwarf, orc, and witch in one go. Sabre's arrows hit orc after orc as he rapidly launched them from his bow. He was obviously getting a haste buff from UnicornMann, who was playing his piccolo. Ryan smiled at me, then ran into the room to start dispatching of the rest, Tina close behind.

      We cleared out the room in a couple seconds. I yanked open the door to the final room. Standing in the middle of the room was a dragon. "Epic!" Sabre exclaimed. "Ok, Sabre and I will distract the dragon with arrows, Ryan and Tina, try to get close enough to the dragon to get to its neck, and try to kill it. Unicorn, give us speed buffs to keep safe," I told everyone. They nodded, and we ran to do our jobs. 

     The dragon didn't feel like cooperating with the plan. It was focusing on Ryan and Tina, not Sabre and I. The dragon's tail waved in front of me, dragging on the ground. Suddenly, a change of plans came to my mind. I stepped onto it's tail, and ran up it. I nearly lost my balance, but I performed a flying leap onto the dragon's back. I frantically hooked my fingers under one of the scales. I dragged myself up, and regained my footing. I dashed up to the neck, and pulled out some rope. I pulled it in a quick loop around my waist, and threw it around the dragon's neck. There was just enough force for it to come back around, and I grabbed the loose end. I tied it off. Glancing down at the fighting, I realized everyone but the dragon was staring at me. I jumped off of the dragon's neck, and pulled an arrow from my quiver. I jabbed the arrow into the soft spot of the dragon's throat. A fatal blow. Quickly, I swung myself onto the dragon's back. It fell hard on the floor, and stayed there. The insanity of what I just did settled in. I killed a boss. I grinned. "Slight change of plans," I announced.