Chapter 52 - Ryan

I happily trailed after Ash as she led the way to the stage, and then behind the curtains. She met my eyes with a solemn look. "Ryan... what's wrong with Goldy?" I frowned. "Goldy?" "Yeah... y'know, brown hair, golden eyes, sloth shirt, adorable and obsessive?" The girl prompted me. "Oh... no, I don't think there's anything wrong with her..." Ash rolled her eyes. "You didn't notice her eyes turn red, or her skin starting to glow?" She queried. "Uhh... no." I replied firmly. "Really??" She asked, disbelief evident in her tone. "I didn't notice that. You must have been imagining it..." Ash frowned slightly. "Maybe you're right... it seems kind of unbelievable..." I smiled at her, and punched her in the arm lightly. "I am ALWAYS right. What are you talking about?" I asked, hoping for her smile to return. The one that made her pale green eyes sparkle as they lit up, and a laugh that sounded like sunshine. (Story logic don't question it. It's a metaphor.) It worked. The girl let out a laugh that made my soul sing.

"RYANNNNN!" Sabre screamed, running behind the curtain. "Oh hey Sabre, what's up?" Ash asked. I was mentally punching him because we were having a moment. "Are you guys ready?" "Yeah!" Ash cheered. "Well, I'm going to go talk to my girlfriend." The boy said, enunciating the word heavily. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Yeah! My girlfriend is waiting!" Unicorn added, peeking around the corner. Ash laughed. "Quite the lady's men here, huh?" "Yeah! Ryan's quite a lady's man, too." Sabre said with a pointed look. What? Was he going to be my wingman for Ash? "I'm sure he is!" Ash laughed, poking me in the ribs. I flushed. "Well, I gotta go see my girlfriend, so I'll be back..." Unicorn walked off with a small glare. Sabre nodded annd trailed after. I heard them say Goldy's name, almost sadly. "Wait here," I said to Ash.

I strode out from behind the curtains. "Did you put them up to that?" I demanded, glaring at Tina and Goldy. The tiger girl stepped protectively in front of the other. "I did." Her eyes were alight again, filled with the rage and worry and protectiveness of a mother tiger protecting her cubs. "You did?" I asked, surprised. "Thank you!" I said, lowering my voice. "Wha???" I smiled at her. "You're helping me get together with her! So obviously I should thank you for that." I said excitedly, making my own voice so low that only the tiger girl could hear. Tina recoiled. I smiled at her again. "I'm assuming you're not into the... you know... the romance type thing, so I'll go now. But thanks again!" I repeated quietly.

As I retreated behind the curtains again, smiling broadly, I could have sworn that I heard Tina mutter "idiot" under her breath. But that didn't make sense, since she was clearly trying to help me.

"ALRIGHT GUYS!" Goldy yelled, excitement filling her voice. "REPORT TO THE STAGE! THE TALENT SHOW IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!!!"

Oof. I made art! You wanna see my crappy drawing? Here it is, want it or not!!

 I made art! You wanna see my crappy drawing? Here it is, want it or not!!

Top left is Ryan, top right is Ash, bottom is Goldy. I didn't color because that makes it look bad. I used my OFFICIAL drawing notebook for this. Enjoy!