Chapter 23 - Ryan

I stared after Goldy as she ran out of the daycare early. I looked at Tina and Sabre, who came into the Gallery. They just stared at me. Tina crossed her arms. "Okay Ryan, what did you do?" She asked suspiciously. "I... I don't know! I swear! I think it was just something about how we're not meant to be. Goldy for some reason thinks that she wasn't the one I was meant to find right now. She said... it was hopeless for us. That there were too many obstacles." I felt my eyes welling up with tears. I turned around and wiped them covertly. "I don't think so. You guys were meant to be together. Nobody can say what you get to be except for you," A voice said. It was Tina. 

     I looked at her, astonished. "You... you really think so?" I asked. Tina smiled. "Of course. I... well, I used to like you a lot, and everyone knew that. But, I... don't think I do anymore. And anyone with a set of eyes could see how much you like Goldy, and how much she likes you," I blinked. "But she essentially broke up with me. Doesn't that mean she doesn't like me?" I asked. Sabre rolled his eyes. "Man, she was trying to protect you! Do you have a brain? It's obvious! Goldy thought that in order to keep you safe, she needed to stay away from you!" Sabre exclaimed. Tina and I stared at him. "You... may be on to something!" Tina told him. Sabre grinned proudly.

          "Guys... I'm safe on my own, though. I can protect myself," I protested. Tina gave me a look. "Yeah, you protected yourself really well this morning against Casper." She teased. "Temporary weakness. Shush," I scolded her. Tina just giggled. "Well, are we off to save Ryan and Goldy's love?" She asked innocently. "YEAH!" Sabre yelled enthusiastically. I grinned. "I'm down if you are," I said. Unicorn ran into the room too. "LET'S DO THIS!" He exclaimed. We all stared at him. "UnicornMann... how long were you listening?" I queried. Unicorn grinned at me. "Long enough to hear your tragic sob story. Let's go to the portal! I'll set it to Goldy's house," Unicorn smirked. We ran across the daycare room to the portal, UnicornMann running to the control room. "Okay, it's set," The kid confirmed, exiting the controls. "3... 2... 1... GO!" I yelled, staring into the blackness. "GOOOOO!" I yelled in unison with Tina, Sabre, and UnicornMann. And we ran into the blackness. 

     "AaaaAAAAH!" We all yelled quietly. I stumbled over a tree root. I fell to the ground with a grunt. I heard Tina start to laugh at me. "Oh, be quiet," I snapped quietly. I held a finger to my lips. "Um, guys, what's the plan?" UnicornMann asked. "Goldy won't necessarily want to speak to Ryan, in case he convinces her to get back together. What if we send one of us first? What about Tina? She's never been an advocate for the relationship, so maybe if she shows that she believes in Goldy and Ryan, it could change her mind. Ryan can wait outside, just in case he needs to come in and help," Sabre said. Then he gasped for air. "That was a looong sentence," Sabre huffed. I grinned at him. "Now, let's go get Goldy and Ryan back together!" Tina quietly cheered. She ran toward the staircase, with me on her tail.