Chapter 38 - Goldy

I tried to ignore Ryan at my side as I walked out, and went straight to Sabre. "Hi!" I exclaimed with a grin. Sabre sent me a small smile, but I could tell it was packed with sadness. I put an arm around his shoulders, both a cover for making Cookie jealous, and to provide a shoulder for the boy to lean on. Cookie looked at me with a hint of a... smile? Now that made no sense. I was just puzzling it out when I heard a voice from the door. "Hey everybody!" It was a soft voice that I knew all too well. But... that was impossible. She was standing... right in front of me. "Sorry for not being here for the past week, but I was..." Cookie trailed off as she ran into the daycare room and saw the other Cookie standing in front of us. The Cookie that had a hint of a smile when Sabre and I were together. The Cookie that was here all of today let out a very un-Cookie-like growl of annoyance. They cast a look in my direction, then disappeared, with a flash of blue and green. Cookie who just ran in... actual Cookie looked at me incredulously. "Who... was that?" She asked. "I... you... hold up!" I exclaimed. For once I was at a loss for words. "And why are you hugging my boyfriend?" Cookie continued. I hastily stepped back, and smirked at Sabre. "Boyfriend, huh?" I asked him. The boy smacked me. "Oh, shut up," Tina looked between us, confused. "Wait... what just happened?" She asked. Sabre and I rushed into the condensed explanation. Then Cookie explained that she had been sick for the past couple days, and had just recovered. At this point I was nearly completely lost. Finally, Ryan broke the silence. He asked the question no one else wanted to voice. "If this is Cookie... who was that?" The boy queried. I looked at him, trying to conceal the fear and confusion in my eyes. "I... don't know," I admitted.

      Tina broke the silence that followed. "Well, Cookie, we're glad you're back and still with Sabre. The past couple days have been... very confusing. For now, let's forget about the past, and move on to the present!" She exclaimed, trying to sound positive. "Yeah... but how can we move on from the past when it's standing right in front of you?" I asked, forming half of a hypothesis. The flash of blue and green I saw... right after Fake Cookie disappeared... that was no coincidence. The past... the past... the past... I can't seem to escape my past, can I? I closed my eyes. A flashback. I am adding DRAMA! Cuz life! None of this has actually happened in daycare, BUT artistic license. So don't yell at me. Please. I remembered something... buried in my past. A pound BANG. My mother... yelling at me to run. Fleeing my house. The green shirted man with blue eyes. Running into the woods, heading a scream behind me. A tear running down my face. Finding my dad. Us moving to a secluded location. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I flinched, and was shocked out of my flashback. I forced myself to look into Ryan's eyes. He was the one who put his hand on my shoulder. "Guys... I think I know who... he is.

Authors note: If any of you are reading on a phone or can find a phones keypad, I have a riddle for you. Whoever solves it... well you'll see. 697   (35    -       /)975       975!!!!!!        Don't ask me why I did this. I was bored.