Chapter 12 - Goldy

My heart was racing. Ryan was really close now. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I was scared and excited at the same time. Part of me wanted something to distract us, while part of me wanted this to happen. Even if I wanted to or not, I couldn't move from where I was standing. Part of me was screaming "Where is Tina when I need her?" While part of me was hoping that Tina would not be suspicious. Before I could sort out my feelings, a voice interrupted us. "What the heck is going on here?" My heart stopped in its tracks. But it wasn't the person I was fearing. It was UnicornMann. (I know, I just HAD to ruin the moment.. :3 )Ryan jumped back from me. Unicorn was staring at us, eyes wide. "I was just over here to make sure everything went well, but, I mean, I don't want to get in the middle of this, and -" "Please don't tell Tina... or anyone," Ryan cut UnicornMann off. "Of course not," Unicorn said. His shocked face was slowly turning to a smirk. "I'll just be going now." Unicorn walked off. 

     "Now, where were we?" Ryan asked. I blushed even harder. "Um, well, I should probably go now before Tina gets suspicious about us..." I stammered. Ryan leaned in and quickly kissed me on the cheek. "For luck." He told me. Then he crept off in the direction of the bathrooms. I headed back to the group. Ryan arrived a couple seconds after me. "Sorry, I had to go to the bathroom." He explained. I was still blushing like crazy, so I looked at the ground, both to hide my blush and look away from Ryan's satisfied smirk. "Well, I'm going to go do the dare now." I muttered. Then I ran away from the group, straight at the water. Time to see if this potion actually worked. I dove in. 

         After holding my breath for as long as I could, I finally risked a quick inhale. I was shocked that it actually worked. It was just like breathing normal air. I took a couple quick pulls that sent me a couple feet in. I slowly turned myself around. I could feel the current trying to drag me out, and I was getting further away from the shore by the second. Then, I started kicking and pulling like crazy. I got slightly closer, but the current was too strong. "GOLDY! CONTROL YOURSELF! SLOW, CALM STROKES!" Ryan yelled out to me. 

       I took a couple deep breaths, and started to slowly make my way back to the shore. After what seemed like ages, I finally made it, and I collapsed on the ground with a sob. Everyone ran over to me, asking if I was okay. Except for Tina, who just quietly smiled and didn't say anything. I lifted my head and said, "Never again. NEVER." My clothes were wet and waterlogged, so I ran over to the bathroom, and changed into a set of clothes that I had brought with me. When you go into the portal with Ryan, you have to be prepared for anything. I walked back out. "Okay, Sabre. Truth or dare?" I asked calmly. "Dare," He replied confidently. I grinned. "I dare you... to take off your bandanna," I told him. Sabre frowned. "Really?" He queried. "Yup!" I replied with a grin. Slowly, he removed the bandanna to reveal green-brown eyes. I stared at him for a couple seconds. I couldn't help it - I had never seen Sabre's actual eyes. Everyone was silent for a couple seconds, and Sabre was blinking a bit, evidently because he had been wearing the bandanna a lot. 

       Then we all started talking at once. "Wow..." "You look a lot different without your bandanna." "How long did you wear that thing for?" "Oh... my... god..." "Your face looks so strange since you're not wearing your bandanna!" Sabre tease-frowned at me. "Happy?" He asked. I smiled, and nodded. The game went around for a while, until we got to Angel. "Ryan, truth or dare?" She asked. "Truth." He said. "Is it true... that you like Goldy?"