Chapter Something - Goldy

Okay I think it's actually Chapter 34 but I'm losing hope on numbers by now. And that is your helpful note from S to start the chapter. (Yes, S starts my name. No, you will never know my name.)  

     I looked around at Tina, Ryan, probably Sabre but I didn't know, and Cookie. They were all looking at me anxiously. I didn't feel any strange effect of the potion. Ryan looked me in the eye seriously. "Who do you have a crush on?" He asked. That was an odd question. Ryan knew I liked him. "Fishing for compliments, are ya?" I asked him, amused. It was a perfect tone combination. Dry sarcasm with a touch of amusement. Ryan's face flushed a bit, a dusting of pink that contrasted his cheeks. I grinned at his reaction. "So, what's your superpower?" The boy asked me, clearly more than willing to change the subject. I frowned. "Good question," I told him.   

     "I don't have super speed," I said after testing my running. "No invisibility... obviously," I pointed out. "No telekinesis," Tina said, after watching me try and fail to lift Cookie's cookie off the table. "Flight?" Cookie queried. I hesitated. "Maybe," I said. For some reason, when thinking of flight, I felt a strange connection to the air around me. With a thought, I somehow swished the air into Ryan's face, causing his hair to whip into a tousled fashion. Flight...  I thought. I used the wind to push me into the air and swirl around me in a miniature tornado. That kept me in the air. 

         Everyone stared at me. "That's not how Tina flies," Sabre pointed out. "Thanks, Captain Obvious," I said sarcastically. "Okay, so some sort of power over the winds." Ryan noted. "But the potion had many colors. Wouldn't it make sense if it had many effects?" Sabre asked. We stared at the place he was probably standing. "That's... actually pretty smart," Tina said. I grinned. "Don't sound so surprised..." Sabre muttered. "Well, there was red in there. What about... fire?" Ryan asked no one in particular. "Try it," Cookie invited. Okay. Fire is hot. Heat. Heat. HEAT. FIRE! There was a little spark of flame, and then the spark erupted into a column. A wave of heat washed over us. I flinched. "Goldy!" I heard someone exclaim. "Put it out!" Put... it... out... The words finally registered. Um. The opposite of heat is cold. Snow. Cold. Ice. 32%. NOT FIRE! 

        The flame immediately shrank and disappeared. The spot where it once was started to freeze over. No... NONONO! I must have thought the "No"s aloud, because Ryan gave me a concerned glance. I tried for a reassuring smile. I focused really hard on pulling the cold back into me. I shivered, the ice receded and vanished, and everything was alright. "Elements," Tina breathed. I tried for a cocky grin. "Well, now that that's over with," I started. The grin became genuine as I thought of something to say. "Who wants to play hide and seek?"