Chapter 59 - Goldy

Luke was angry.

I suppose that was expected.

In this in-between state, I was pretty much detached from too much emotion.

We got out of the taxi, and started toward the building - the one I saw when I died. I'm dead. It's odd to think about, but what I do know is that don't want to go back to the place of darkness and falling.

Lots of falling.

Notch is here. I know it. Or - at least something that will bring me back, for real. I stared down at my hands - fake. Only manipulations of air. "Come on," I said solemnly. "It's time."

Tina nodded, and started toward the door, Sabre right behind her.

This was weird.

No mobs, no traps. Only a deserted mansion. I knew, though, at the center, was my last hope for life.

I was running out of time, I knew I was.

Every second, I could feel myself losing my hold on reality.

Slipping away.

Back into the blackness and falling and falling and falling.

"Notch!!!" Ryan yelled in that moment, and I could hear the pain and fear in his voice. "Please!! We need help!"

There was a rustle in the shadows. "I know."

And there he was. Notch himself, brown shirt and bald head and all.

"You want me to bring her," The man nodded at my fake-self, "Back from the dead."

Tina nodded seriously.

"I can do it. But it is no easy feat for her. It's a battle."

I frowned internally. A figurative battle, obviously. Unless... he meant something more serious, more literal... more dangerous.

Notch turned to stare at me. "Is this the path you choose?" He asked.

I took a deep breath in.

And nodded. "It is."

"Alright. But first - what ties you to this realm? The permanent dead are dead. You should be dead, but you are not. How is it so?"

I hesitated.

"I do not know. My mind is not at rest, nor are my... abilities."

"Are you ready, then?" He asked.

"Yes."

And there was a bright light behind my eyelids and I was falling.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Lol keep reading.

You'll make it eventually.

Almost there.

I heard myself cry out, and then I blinked. Wait - blinked? I can move. I was alive? How? I wasn't someone with huge sway, did this really work? Notch looked at me. He sighed sadly. "And now is when the battle begins." Then the man disappeared.

"Well, well, well." A voice sounded behind me. "Looks like my job has just been undone. I must say, I'm surprised you were able to return. But it isn't over. Notch told you about a battle. This is a battle for you to fully return." I spun to face him. The blue eyed man with the green shirt. I narrowed my eyes at him, then realized a sword had appeared in my hands. Permanence. "And this time..." The man smirked, "there are no take-backs."